Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Im looking for some new pickups for my brand new RG1527 and ive narrowed it down to the dimarzio blaze bridge and custom and the EMG 81-7 or 707. Id like to get some EMGs but routing a brand new guitar sucks but id like active. Some body over at sevenstring suggested i check out bartolini. What do you guys know about bartolini? You dont have to route extra but you have to put a preamp in the control cavity. Im looking for info, clips and pics of these models and any other 7-models you can find:

494-D
4D-03
492C-B
Frankfalbo: i notcied you posted ages ago on another thread and you thought the bartolinis were the best pickups ever. What are their attributes and sounds like?
PS. where the hell do you buy these things!?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ha! I'm about to do an order, so maybe I'll put out a note to everyone that might want some, and make one big order. They are so hard to find. Partly because they dont make enough pickups to fill the demand. They never have. So anything special and you'll be waiting months. But they have a couple distributors with good stock now. So you can get most everything from the catalog now. There is a distributor in Australia:

Miruzzi Guitars - Tel: (61) 2-9331-5825 or (61) 0422-852024
but I don't know how much help you'll get from them. It's worth a try. Since you're into the Blaze and EMG sound, you dont want a really fat midrange or thick, heavy sound from your pickups. Otherwise you'd be looking at the Tone Zone/Air Norton combo or something like that. So that tells me you shouldn't get the 4D-0x setup. The 492C-B neck might seem like a cross between a PAF Pro and an EMG 81. But with the boost on it can be more of a PAF, Alnico II, or most anything else you want it to be. The 494-D is going to be like a cross between a Blaze, a 707, and a Blaze Custom. Again, with the preamp you can get anything in between or beyond. You can e-mail me if you ever decide you want me to help you get them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.