·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably a stupid question,
but i have 2, two tone dimarzio pick ups and
I want spin one of them around so the colors
are reversed. is that ok or is there a right and
a wrong way to place them into a guitar.

Thanks
T

·
Banned
451 Posts
I know this is probably a stupid question,
but i have 2, two tone dimarzio pick ups and
I want spin one of them around so the colors
are reversed. is that ok or is there a right and
a wrong way to place them into a guitar.

Thanks
T
On some dimarzio it DOES matter
i know the SS,drop sonic and a few others sound really different flipped around
which dimarzios do you have?

·
Registered
234 Posts
There's no such this as a stupid question around here! (barring maybe "what's a jem?" haha)

For most DiMarzio pickups installation direction will not have a significant impact on the sound of the unit. There are some pickups that have assymetrical coils, but usually the difference is very subtle. You didn't say which pickups you're dealing with is, but I say "spin away!" You might find that, if there is a difference in sound, you may like it better.

·
Banned
848 Posts
wont damage anything, its just like wiring out of phase, infact some boutique pups they install one coil of the humbucker reverse and wire it out of phase for the sound it gives it actually...the only difference if the magnets, some are already reversed on some pups, so it really wont matter since youll always have a ns/sn configuration, as long as its wired normal you might not een hear the difference

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two dimarzio breed pup's. I just want to spin the neck
pup around so it mirrors the bridge. Like on the new DNA
model jem. thanks for all the responses.

T

·
Banned
848 Posts
that is fine, go ahead, will you be leaving the wiring the same..?? that works then it will just sound differently, i had a duncan distortion upside down for like a year before i put bartolini's in my 7 string carvin, i didnt know it was upside down for all that time untill i pulled it out

so you might not hear the difference

but kewl!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts