Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have a G&L Tribute L2500, which turned out to be a heck of a bass for the money. I have a couple Behringer bass pedals (BLE1000, BDI21) and usually run it through a Carvin AG100D amp.

I did have a real bass gig a couple years ago... then I was using a Peavey Cirrus V bass and a Carvin Red-eye bass amp, but when that band broke up it turned out to be way too much gear for casual bass playing/recording.

--B

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah, i play. ive got a 6 string ibanez soundgear sr406 "after being painted i dubbed it the sr706 : ) " its got a multicolor swirl and plays like a dream. i am running a peavy tko amp with 15 inch black widow speaker.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've just literally started to play this week. I found a gorgeous Fender P-Bass Lyte on flea bay and took delivery on Wednesday. It's absolutely mint! Active P and J pickups and a jazz bass sized neck. The body is slightly downsized too (hence the Lyte part) which makes it far easier to play for six stringers more used to strat sized bodies.

I'm really enjoying playing bass so far although the whole 'feel' part of playing takes on a completely different meaning. I figure anything that broadens me as a musician has got to be a good thing!! I'd actually really love to eventually take a break from gigging guitar and focus on the bass. Just need to put the hours in!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ibanez EDB600IPF, which is quite nice, great feel though weird seeing as it'd made from Luthite. Annoying thing is I don't have a bass amp so I can't remember what it sounds like plugged in very well. Last amp I played it through the volume knob was broken.

Beforehand I had a GSR200JB which I sold to some guy who's in loads of Jazz bands. I didn't like it much at the time but it did have a nice throaty fender-like tone, especially from the P-style pickup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a Conklin gtbd7 for Christmas form Bass Central. Great instrument well made and excellent sound, the bottom is deep and clear the mids are smooth and highs sing plenty of pop when you want it. Neck is thin but not to thin I can easily play all strings. So far it has seemed to expand my creativity and I have noticed that I am using much more of the fret board when I go back to the guitar. Anyway it’s an awesome instrument and I highly recommend it

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Koss, you and your damned lefties. ;)

I'm a crap bassist, but I play an Ibanez Ergodyne EDA-905 when I'm trying to lay down a track on a recording or something. It looks badarsed, and sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
631 Posts
My main instrument is bass. I got an Ibanez EDC700 (orignal style with pickups), Ibanez RB850, which has amazing action. As a back up I have a Steinberger, to be honest I don't play it that much, it needs new pickups to sound any good. I also have a fender squire P bass which I learnt to play on.
The RB850 will probably repainted with a swirl in black and shocking pink/ purple, but not before I get my new 8 string bass (proper 8 string, none of this doubling up of strings) in the next month or two. I'll do a couch shot when I have that and put my guitars in, that'll be 8 intruments or 9 if I ever finish my guitar project.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.