Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Very nice! Only issue is the black headstock. Would look even better with a colour matched, or maybe even a natural finish seeing as it has a maple board.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple more pics

A shot of the deep cutawy

A pic of the contoured heel

And,, the Headstock

I kinda like the headstock:D

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
nice, the way the shadows hit it, it looks like it has scalloped frets which makes me think that would be awesome to have scalloped frets on that. it just looks like it could take it ;) hahaha

I was actually thinking of getting one of these as a random guitar to have around, maybe tuned to Eflat since my only guitar tuned down is my Fender and its not exactly shred tastic, more blues hah

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice gunslinger II. You can`t have these headstocks matching. The classic BC thing is to always have a black headstock, or on older guitars, a brown stained veneer top ;)

nice catch

·
Registered
527 Posts
I like those. Prolly the only BC Rich I would consider buying.(well, maybe a mockingbird).

Too bad they didn't issue more colors or some "old school" 80s graphics!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bridge pickup is a Dimarzio Super Distortion

Specifications

Construction: bolt on
Body wood: alder
Top style: flat top
Tuners: Grover

Fretboard: maple
Frets: 22 jumbo
Scale: 25 1/2"

Bridge: Floyd Rose® Original
Pickups: 1 Dimarzio® Super Distortion and 1 double blade

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
This is the first BC Rich I've ever liked. Their styling has always been too far out there for me. This design, kinda like an RG, is aggressive but not . . . em . . "weird?" "extreme?" Not sure how to put it, but y'all know what I mean.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congrats, that looks (and hopefully plays) sweet! I thought it was scalloped at first also, weird. I was going to ask if they offer these with the "lightning" graphic, which I always dug, but I'm guessing by jm5150's post that they don't. :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got mine from Funkymunky music.com

Dealt with Scot....$599

This fretboard is FLAT... :D

I carried a BC Rich for a while as a stage guitar back in the day.. This is like stepping into a "way back" machine :D:D

I've got to sticker the bejeezus out of this ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man!!! There isn't much NOT to like about these!!!

Two things, I rolled my fretboard immediately.. And the paint job while looking very nice is thin, particularly around the control routs.. This one will looked reliced before long without trying I'm sure..This doesn't bother me in the least, I bought this for the Frame.. I wanted a BC Rich 22 fret, OFR equipped, Maple fretboard, 2 HB ****ING BEAST!!!

And THAT'S what this is.. The upper fretboard access is almost as good as my N4.. The deep cutaway is sweet!! Nice flat radius fretboard too...The pickups are great.. The neck twinblade is smoooooth

It came with 4 trem springs.. I took one off and dropped it to Eb.. The neck and fretboard feel unfinished.. I'm going to remove the neck and tung oil mine.. In the last 10 days, I've received a Carvin CS6(terrible,sent back) an American Standard Strat from MF(neck issues,sent back) a 2002 American Standard Strat on trade (More on it later) and this one..

This is the one that gives me the perpetual ****eatin grin on my face..

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
sounds sweet! only thing holding me back from getting one is I could get a 550 for about the same price and that has 24 frets. However if I got one of these I'd prolly tune to E Flat too. So maybe instead of just getting an Rg550 for college, i'll also get a gunslinger for E flat haha. But that is in a year so maybe the price will go down on both ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts