Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here played the Bass V-AMP, or better yet, use one regularly? I'd like to hear your perspective on the tone and durability.

I've been doing more home recording lately, and while I like the simplicity of running bass direct, I'm getting tired of the same old bass tone. So I started looking at a Bass PodXT, which was intriguing but probably not worth it for $300 (it's not like I record that much bass). Then I noticed the Bass V-AMP, which has a good selection of amps, cabs, and effects for only $99. That feels more reasonable given how much usage it will probably get.

--B

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I have a guitar version, which I use for bass as well, so take this as you will. IMO it's a great bargain - 32 amps, aux in, many FX. It's not built very tough; it's all plastic. For home use that's fine IMO, but I wouldn't take one on the road. For guitar I prefer my DG Stomp overall; I think the "crunch" models sound "tubey-er". But for bass I just want a clean tone, and the V-Amp works well (and for high gain I like the V-Amp as well).

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm getting my Bass V-Amp in a few days, bought one cheap used. I'm going to use it to similar purposes as you, plus to spice up my synth rig. I'll let you know how it does after I get to test it for a while.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, we'll have a race then to see who gets their's first. :) I ended up ordering one last night... it just felt like too good of a deal to pass up.

--B

·
Registered
448 Posts
Got it, and I like it. For the money I think it can't be beat.
I also own a Trace Elliot head which sounds great, but it's easier to get a variety of easily recordable tones out of the ugly little grey box. I haven't tested it yet with keyboards, but I sure did spend a good while grooving to the tones I got out of the thing. For the bassamptone-wise deaf, I guess it's a nice tool ;).

I'm yet to discover all of its features, but hey, if you, having spent way less than $100, get decent bass tones right out of the box you can't go wrong.

I'm planning on taking this thing with me to gigs where I play bass as well (my dark secret revealed... I like playing bass! It's cool! :)).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts