Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ibanez recommends the RG550C large guitar case for this guitar, but the SZ series doesn't strike me as being particularly large. I'm afraid this case will have a little more room inside than I want. I would have to order it, so I can't check the fit before I buy.

I was thinking maybe the RockCase or Gator "universal" electric guitar cases might actually be a better fit since they are a little smaller. A rep from ***************.com checked and said that both of these cases will fit.

Anyone with an SZ - what case do you use?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a SZ720 that I got off of a certain auction site and it came with a SKB Freedom case. Overall, that particular case seems to fit it pretty well. Obviously, the fit isn't as snug as a RG in a UV1000C, but it is way better than what I am accustomed to for generic cases. If you have any questions, let me know.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ibanez has a hard case especially designed for the SZ- W50SZ. ask your dealer if they have it.

FREEDOM 6 hard case will fit the SZ & it goes for much lesser than the above-mentioned. i own one.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have a freedom case for my old S and it fits pretty good, i just throw a extra towel or something in to make it extra snug when i want too. Since it's a non cleared wood finish I don't need to worry about any finish damage :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
germX said:
Ibanez has a hard case especially designed for the SZ- W50SZ. ask your dealer if they have it.

FREEDOM 6 hard case will fit the SZ & it goes for much lesser than the above-mentioned. i own one.
THat's wierd you say that , because the Ibanez site states that the RG550LC is THE case for the SZ's . In fact they don't have a case lsited by the # you listed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: an online vendor told me that the Warwick RockCase would fit the SZ520, so I ordered one (worth a try because it is cheap). I thought the case was nice and looked good, but it was not deep enough. The lid of the case would not close all the way because of the height of the bridge and knobs, and the headstock was resting on the g-string tuning knob. This is a decent case, but obviously made for strat-style guitars. A return shipping label is on the way, and I'm going to go ahead and buy the large Ibanez case, since they have it at a pretty good price ($83).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts