Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i need some suggestions.. i want a amp head that will run my 5150 cab i have laying around at home. I want to do be really inexpensive and it doesn't even have to sound very good. well it can't sound like utter crap, but i think you get the picture. I only want this to keep my mesa outta the damp nasty band room we are in right now. i dont' care if it's solid state or tube. the 5150 is a 16 ohm cab, so i'd like to try to find somehting with a 16 ohm output. let me know what yout think.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i agree, spider II is killer! can you hook that up to a cab? a friend of mine just used that combo amp to record their new metal cd instead of his half stack system and it sounded phenominal!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
The cab should be 16 ohms, so you can use pretty much anything with it. Only catch is it might sound like crap if the amp is set for 4 or 8 ohms, or at least not as good as it should sound.

·
Registered
494 Posts
dude dont buy cheap last for about 1 year then gone atleast buy a marshall or fender (they do make small ones you know) their cheap great sound and have cool stuff on it

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
FWIW, the Ibanez ToneBlaster TB-100 head was built under the design philosophy, "What would you get if Mesa built a solid state amp?"

·
Registered
882 Posts
Drew said:
FWIW, the Ibanez ToneBlaster TB-100 head was built under the design philosophy, "What would you get if Mesa built a solid state amp?"
Does it really come that close to a Mesa? As a kid, when I was so into metal, I always wished that Mesa would make a solid state amp. (Don't bother saying it- I already know that I'm strange. :lol: )

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Sorry to hear about your band breaking up, but that's no excuse to give up practicing on your own. I'm still a firm supporter in the Spider II series (they come in whatever power you need).

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got my mark iv rig downstairs, so there's no end to practicing here. thats for sure :) actually i'm kinda relieved, the music wasn't really what i was into and it was costing me a fortune in gas to get there.. i'd rather buy gear ;).. i'm going o be working on my own recordings for a while.

·
Registered
537 Posts
lyconxero said:
Sorry to hear about your band breaking up, but that's no excuse to give up practicing on your own. I'm still a firm supporter in the Spider II series (they come in whatever power you need).
I'm a believer in the Spider II Series as well. I'm hopeing to get the 1X12 in a few months or so, once I get a few more dollars. Get the Spider II man it rocks hard!

http://www.line6.com/spiderii/index.html
^^^
GO here to see and hear how great it really is, and by the way Good luck! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts