Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i need some suggestions.. i want a amp head that will run my 5150 cab i have laying around at home. I want to do be really inexpensive and it doesn't even have to sound very good. well it can't sound like utter crap, but i think you get the picture. I only want this to keep my mesa outta the damp nasty band room we are in right now. i dont' care if it's solid state or tube. the 5150 is a 16 ohm cab, so i'd like to try to find somehting with a 16 ohm output. let me know what yout think.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Drew said:
FWIW, the Ibanez ToneBlaster TB-100 head was built under the design philosophy, "What would you get if Mesa built a solid state amp?"
Does it really come that close to a Mesa? As a kid, when I was so into metal, I always wished that Mesa would make a solid state amp. (Don't bother saying it- I already know that I'm strange. :lol: )

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got my mark iv rig downstairs, so there's no end to practicing here. thats for sure :) actually i'm kinda relieved, the music wasn't really what i was into and it was costing me a fortune in gas to get there.. i'd rather buy gear ;).. i'm going o be working on my own recordings for a while.

·
Registered
546 Posts
lyconxero said:
Sorry to hear about your band breaking up, but that's no excuse to give up practicing on your own. I'm still a firm supporter in the Spider II series (they come in whatever power you need).
I'm a believer in the Spider II Series as well. I'm hopeing to get the 1X12 in a few months or so, once I get a few more dollars. Get the Spider II man it rocks hard!

http://www.line6.com/spiderii/index.html
^^^
GO here to see and hear how great it really is, and by the way Good luck! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.