Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion, what is the best looking and playing floyd equipped guitar in the $400-$500 price range? Include pics if you can!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't think you'll get a guitar with original FR for that price, the FR system alone costs that, that's not including price for the guitar. If it doesn't have to be an original then splash out a bit more and get an Ibanez RG1550 or RG1570!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Are you looking for a guitar with an original Floyd Rose or one of the licensed trems?

A used Ibanez RG 500 series is probably one of the best bang-for-the-buck guitars you can get with a Floyd-licensed trem on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dont get some POS licensed thing unless it's an Edge.

EVER.

I had to learn the hard way.

Anyway, I'd say get a Washburn Nuno N2, Ibanez RG5xx used, (they're going for $230-$350 all day on MGR), or if you go to MF's website, they've got these cool looking new Kramer Baretta Pro II's on there that have stock Duncans and OFR's on it for $400. Neck-thru too. Try it, they have a return policy, and it looks awfully nice.... I hear they're hit or miss quality wise,but if you get a good one... 8)

·
Registered
179 Posts
i was playin this silver 2003 prestige, i think it wa sthe 1570, that tremolo was so smooth and i had complete controll over it, better than any floyd rose ive ever played.

·
Banned
33 Posts
very simple, the best floyd equipped guitar is an 80's kramer beretta, but it has to be either a neon color or have some animal or naked chick airbrushed on it!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts