Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so, I'm not sure if this has been done before, I did a quick search and nothing came up so i thought I'd just post it anyways :p :)

Yeah, so, what do you think is the BEST/your favorite Ibanez guitar ever and why? Just interested to see what people think :)

Mine would be probably be the Jem 7v. Just think it's awesome! I love the TOL inlay, and I love the feel of the neck. Unfortunately can't afford one so have only played them in the shop :cry: ah well, i can dream...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i think there are tons of similar threads like this in this site already.
people references is different from one to another.
But it's OK, here we go :
My 2001 RGR1220.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah okay, sorry, I just didn't find any when i searched.
and cool :) I heard they were only available in Japan, was it hard to get your hands on one, or was it just a case of ordering it from somewhere?

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
This thread has been done before. To be fair I've used the search function and think some methods in the code could be improved maybe.
So hard to say. I think at the end of the day its my '01 RG570.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I heard they were only available in Japan, was it hard to get your hands on one, or was it just a case of ordering it from somewhere?
yes, japan only... i got it from japanese store, ordering it online.
now, you've got to search it used on japanese retail store, lucky if it appears someday.
As far as I've seen, this thing doesn't come out very often.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Well, A lot of folks might say most MIJ Ibanez built between '87-91/93. Those are very good, but there are also several after that era that completely rock, here they are in order of price: RG520QS, RG3120, and pretty much all the J-Customs, especially the ones from the 90's, such as many many elusive models like the RG-Egypt.

·
Registered
199 Posts
probably my 96 pgm500 or this old 770 that my friend has. Out of the newer stuff probably my pgm401, I really like how it sounds with the inner coils of the humbuckers are split with a clean sound, way better sounding than the JPM doing the same thing because they are lower output than the Steve's Special and Air Norton.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A lot of interesting replies.. :) love the look of that RG7-CST! Also think the pgm's are great guitars!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Tmatt.... I gotta say, the guitar I was mainly thinking about when I made my post was the RG7-CST. That is the best ibanez I have every played!!! Man... That guitar is just my dream. The 6-cst may be a better fit for me though. I still love the 7.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I don't know if you can really pick one that's the best but the actually custom built USA Customs gotta be up there. Here's my favorite. 1991 Cosmic Swirl. This Wizard neck plays and feels better than anything I've had in my hands. The Dimarzio made pickups are some of the best they ever produced. With so few green Ibanez guitars, this one to me is just stunning.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know if you can really pick one that's the best but the actually custom built USA Customs gotta be up there. Here's my favorite. 1991 Cosmic Swirl. This Wizard neck plays and feels better than anything I've had in my hands. The Dimarzio made pickups are some of the best they ever produced. With so few green Ibanez guitars, this one to me is just stunning.

That is one mighty fine axe! looks awesome!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts