Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I need a little help.

I'm looking at buying a new Ibanez guitar and my budget is basically £350. I've had my heart set on the RGA42 (fixed bridge) but I'm keeping an open mind and continuing the search. I have seen the RG350EX and wandered about it, as it is near the same price as the RGA42.

Does anybody feel that I would be making a severe mistake in getting the RGA42? Or is there just something better?

I play metal mainly in drop B tuning. I don't use the whammy at all but thats because I play a strat copy atm and it would bug my tuning constantly. But I wouldn't necessarily turn it down if I had the choice (I'm a Dimebag fan).

Oh yeah and does anybody know when/where I can buy the 2011 updates to these models (since they've just come out)?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmm, I've read somewhere before that a used Japanese made may be more worth while... but although I may be wrong, I'm troubled by the thought of buying used. Just because the seller may advertise it to be in better condition than it is, warranty issues etc.

Is there a specific site with a good rep, where you can trust the sellers and stuff?

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Check eBay now and then :) Good guitars go for quite cheap sometimes.

Make sure you ask the seller questions like:

How much fret wear is there?

What is the condition of the guitar out of 10?
And always check in here before you buy something. For every model that Ibanez has produced, there is someone here that knows that particular model better than anyone anywhere else. Folk's here will be able to clue you in on what problems/features to look out for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.