Jem Ibanez Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was always *eh* when it came to Judas Priest but I recently got a copy of "Screaming for Vengeance" and have been listening to it front to back.

I was wondering what fans think are their better albums.
Thanks!

·
Registered
904 Posts
British Steel.

Really liked Nostradamus as well, although a concept album with a 4-syllable main character doesn't lend itself to great choruses.....

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started out with their "Essential" best-of just to have the hits and later got Nostradamus, which was pretty cool.
I also got Defenders of the Faith but so far Screaming For Vengeance seems to be my favorite. Very killer album!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dude... Defenders of the Faith. They hit their productive peak with that album and it sounds like everything after it was done for money. The runner up is Screaming for Vengeance.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far after picking up a few more albums "Screaming for Vengeance" is tough to beat.
The guitar tone at the beginning of 'Bloodstone' is amazing!

·
Registered
80 Posts
For me it's Sad Wings of Destiny. Not as heavy but excellent nonetheless. C'mon it has the Ripper and Victim of Changes on it. Stained Class is a really good one as well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like all of them. I've listened to Screaming for Vengence since I was 8yrs old, and I'm now 35. This album still kicks ass. If you like Priest you should check out Rob Halford's solo stuff, Fight and Halford.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Painkiller gets my vote. A lot of the songs in that album have that classic priest "horse riding" sound (that's what I call it) for the rhythm guitars.

Jimmy:smile:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts