Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been here there and everywhere when it comes to this stuff. I've owned a GT-8, a POD XT Live and two different V-Amps. I had the XT Live for less than a month because I didn't like the distorted tones at all. The GT-8 had a really funky sound to it for metal and rock (as well as neat effects) so for now it's number one in my choice but maybe there's something better out there so that's why I ask.

Right now the only thing I have is a V-Amp 2 and I must say that I LOVE the sound I get from it (Daul recto/nu metal and modern hi gain)..... just not the tone. I swear if Behringer made another updated one of these with twice the tone I'd buy it but since I can't see that happening, the question is asked. What of all available units is best for distorted tones (chugga chugga death metal stuff to smooth solos) and wonderful cleans? Effects are more of a bonus but are neat because I love getting different sounds. I've tried the amp route and it's just not me. I had a V3 and that just told me that I don't need a tube amp. I don't play in a band setting or in jams. I have a nice 100 watt solid state head with a parametric EQ that suits me just fine (Yamaha G100) and a cab that has speakers that respond very well to cab sims. So any ideas?

Please note that cleans are less important to me than the multitude of distorted tones (I like to get as many as possible) but are still wanted. Find me an amp sim that gets closer to Enslaved (Reogenesis has amazing tone in it) than my V-Amp 2 and I'll love you forever :p.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

Digitech GNX4. I've played thru mant different units, but I like my GNX4 the best. I'm not playing the factory patches though. I have my patches that I've made up. You can check out what it sounds like on my myspace page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts