Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a piezo equiped guitar, i like petrucci's piezo sound on his musicman and want to get something similar, which could be the best-affordable piezo guitar??, i had a variax in mind but it's not piezo exactly, i mean it most be a simulation.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I'd go for a 2120 or Parker over the EBMM Petrucci. When I played the Petrucci it didn't seem as nice to me as my Jackson Pro Soloist, and that cost a whopping $425. I'm not paying 1200 more than that just to get a piezo. I haven't played the JP7, but the JP6 has never struck as that big a deal.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
kennydoe said:
I held a Petrucci EBMM a few weeks ago. It weighed about 86 pounds.
Yeah. At LEAST 86 pounds.

~K
As heavy as a Les Paul?

...or better yet one of those early 90s all maple Les Paul Studios?

I once played a 30th or 25th anniversary strat. Nice guitar but it was as heavy as a Les Paul...

·
Registered
636 Posts
I wonder if I can get a guitar fitted with a piezo. I mean could I have my vwh with a piezo?
Maybe I should buy PIA from its new owner when I grow up :) that's practically one of the best guitars made.
Anyway I'd suggest RG2020X or the RG2027X. I shall get one or myself as soon as possible.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
ChopTart said:
Lol, that is true ;) BMs tend to leave one's wallet morbidly thin, but their playability is out of this world on the nicer ones. Now i just need to find a way to sell my soul so I can buy one...
I actually wanted to buy one. So I called my distributor here in Germany and they quoted me almost 4k € without the 13-pin option :lol:.

Regards

André

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.