Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: *Best Shred Guitars of All Time*

Malmsteen strat - Scalloped neck forces you to play wif a light touch, a tad too much pressure & you're out-of-tune!

Low-power stacked single coils sounds brilliant & clear! Every note stands out!

And that vintage vibe!

Check out those scalloping, yum!

·
Registered
881 Posts

Gex said:
+1 if thats an rg550. they play like butter, are a steal compared to the price of a jem or similar high end superstrat, so you won't feel guilty when you abuse the whammy bar and beat the **** out of it. o yea, edge trem and 24 frets and MAPLE! im gonna play it right now. wooot!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

the rg 770s are the sweetest shred guitars...for the money. the necks on those always felt more stable than the 500 series. cooler inlays, too. no knocking rg500's, tho. have had my share of them.
jackson soloists are damn nice, too. i have my issues with them, but overall, kill.

my 2 favorite shred machines in my arsenal are:

rgt3120tdb
rg770dxvm

rich

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

i'm concerned about that pic, what with the torch and the shrine-y thing...

it's looks like an episode of Survivor: The Guitar Edition. i'm a bit worried those JEMs are going to vote off a floral.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts

damo7v said:
i'm concerned about that pic, what with the torch and the shrine-y thing...

it's looks like an episode of Survivor: The Guitar Edition. i'm a bit worried those JEMs are going to vote off a floral.
:lol: Or the set of the new King Kong film;)

Nooooooo.....not the Floral:D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.