Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Better than PGM?

and why is this in the "Jem" section?

well, yeah, if your talking about the high level models like the PGM 301, then I say a Jem7vwh is better, lol

but the PGM 301 still kicks ass, I really want one, I really dig the fix bridge and the maple neck

·
Registered
88 Posts

PGMs are way cool but unless you wanna 'rock' then its not the best choice considering that theres no tone knob. I love the fake f-holes on em but if I were to get a PGM , I'd get a Jem or a JS (already have) first. :D

·
Registered
3,619 Posts

sepsis311 said:
Anyone know a guitar better than a pgm? I'm curious to see what people think.
Its a bit of a stupid question really.
Its so vague its untrue. As people have said, ask that on a PRS, Jackson, ESP, Fender forum, and you will get all different opinions to what you would here. Some poeple on here prefer PGM's to Jem's, some people prefer RG's or JS's. Its all about your preference.

There is no such thing as "the one and only great guitar". There is no guitar out there that everybody likes. Some people will like it, some wont.

There are plenty of guitars out there that people would consider better than a PGM, and worse than a PGM. That question is just utterly pointless. If you were asking something more specific, e.g. What do you think of the PGM10th? Thats better.

Not only that, but you asked it in the JEM and Universe guitars section. Really it should have been in the Other Ibanez Guitars section.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

the.godfather said:
Its a bit of a stupid question really.
Its so vague its untrue. As people have said, ask that on a PRS, Jackson, ESP, Fender forum, and you will get all different opinions to what you would here. Some poeple on here prefer PGM's to Jem's, some people prefer RG's or JS's. Its all about your preference.

There is no such thing as "the one and only great guitar". There is no guitar out there that everybody likes. Some people will like it, some wont.

There are plenty of guitars out there that people would consider better than a PGM, and worse than a PGM. That question is just utterly pointless. If you were asking something more specific, e.g. What do you think of the PGM10th? Thats better.

Not only that, but you asked it in the JEM and Universe guitars section. Really it should have been in the Other Ibanez Guitars section.
And a stupid answer as well. If your not going to contribute worthwhile information, then don't belittle yourself by responding with crap.

It is a perfect legitimate question. Just because I asked this in the Jemsite forum, that doesn't mean everyone here only owns Jems. Yea, it should have been in the Other Guitars section, but regardless, i don't know crap about PGM's, let alone the PGM10th. I've been told they're one of the best.

I was looking for constructive answers such as, "the neck feels a bit smoother than a UV, or thinner than a Jem, so I personally don't like it." Not "this is a stupid question." Way to contribute some meaningful information.

As far as your comment about it being to vaugue, i never asked what the BEST guitar is. I asked if there is one that plays better. Some guitars just play like dog ****, and I'd be curious to know if it competes with Jems, or is just crap like a lower end model. Like i said, i dont know much about them, and rather than looking at price tags, and reading hyped up reviews on dealer websites, i wanted the truth.

Think before you speak, and don't be so jumpy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Jackhammer said:
PGMs are way cool but unless you wanna 'rock' then its not the best choice considering that theres no tone knob. I love the fake f-holes on em but if I were to get a PGM , I'd get a Jem or a JS (already have) first. :D
Perfect example of a real informative answer. godfather could learn a few things. So back on track, what do the rest of you think? Does it compete? Why or why not?

·
Registered
8,373 Posts

sepsis311 said:
.I asked if there is one that plays better.
Problem being sepsis...you ask this question to 10 different people, you'll get 10 different opinions. One person will llike the PGM better, and 9 others will like 9 different guitar models better;) Also, you must remeber where you are.....and please....calm down:)

·
Registered
623 Posts

sepsis311 said:
And a stupid answer as well. If your not going to contribute worthwhile information, then don't belittle yourself by responding with crap.
Yeesh, calm down. You *did* ask a vague question. And given the other responses, a lot of people seem to agree. Why pick on godfather?

As far as your comment about it being to vaugue, i never asked what the BEST guitar is. I asked if there is one that plays better.
No you didn't. You asked "Anyone know a guitar better than a pgm?" Given that there are many different models of PGM, given that there are many different criteria (playability, sound, price, looks, etc, etc) to judge "better," there's no reasonable way to answer that question.

You could try being a little more specific.

Think before you speak, and don't be so jumpy.
You might want to take your own advice. :wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts

Paul Gilbert roxorz!!! But come to think about it, I don't really see the realistic point in paying so much money for what is essentially an RG body with a fixed bridge, and f-hole stickers! :) But , I still want a PGM! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts

Sirocco , have you seen the PGM90th? That is one beautiful axe!

F-Hole stickers is a bit of an exaggeration , they're painted on :D

Moro , all PGMs are pretty much alike. Theres no tone knob on any of them. They're all similar (exceptions : 600 , 700 , 900) aside from colour differences.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.