Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any Big Country fans in this forum?

I kinda stumbled upon this Scottish group around 2001, apparently after Stuart Adamson's suicide :cry: Same thing happened when I got into INXS (November of 1997).

I never knew that back in the 80's people pitted Big Country against U2, pretty funny actually.

But for those looking for some great music with awesome lyrics check out some of their earlier works: The Crossing, Steeltown, Seer.

Heck, some of ya'll might've heard some of their hits: In a Big Country, Wonderland, The Storm, Look Away, etc...

I can't say enough about this group. The layering of sounds on their albums are astounding and the melodies are so catchy.

So ummm, any Big Country fans?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
linthat22 said:

I kinda stumbled upon this Scottish group around 2001, apparently after Stuart Adamson's suicide :cry: Same thing happened when I got into INXS (November of 1997).
based on your ability to jinx, could you please become a nickelback fan soon?

·
Registered
446 Posts
linthat22 said:
Dunno if I count as a fan, but I know quite a lot of their songs. and all the ones I can recall off the top of my head are really good ones. I'm going to borrow a copy of their CD if I can find it, actually. They had some good songs.

Fields of Fire and In A Big Country are the only ones I can remember the names of atm, they were great. King of Emotion, that was one too, wasnt it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
linthat22 said:

I never knew that back in the 80's people pitted Big Country against U2, pretty funny actually.

But for those looking for some great music with awesome lyrics check out some of their earlier works: The Crossing, Steeltown, Seer.

Heck, some of ya'll might've heard some of their hits: In a Big Country, Wonderland, The Storm, Look Away, etc...

I can't say enough about this group. The layering of sounds on their albums are astounding and the melodies are so catchy.

Yeah, a bit of a blast from the past for me. I saw them live on the Steeltown tour (about 1985???) - they were great - really enjoyed The Crossing as an album - have to relisten to them now you've reminded me about them.

Haydn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.