Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on Blackstar amps from existing users out there?

In a shamelessly commercial decision I have moved away from M*****l (controversial I know) and have started dealing in Blackstar amps and pedals. Just the HT1, HT5 and HT5S for now but more later.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh gotcha. Not sure how they market them in Oz but its sold as an HT5S with head and 2 cabs for around 400 GBP. I guess you can get the head on its own as well though.

Any quality problems?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I use 2 blackstar amps for gigging, the HT-5 and the HT-20.
ive AB-Y 'd them and used them both seperately, the 5 watter is fine for smaller gigs and rehearslas etc.

i use them through V30 and greenback loaded cabs, I love them both, thinking of getting the 100 watt head next.

·
Registered
493 Posts
forget all the buying and build a classic ptp wired like I'm doing a JCM 800, yeak I can't wait ot hear this thing roar...

·
Registered
426 Posts
I currently have an HT-1, Club 40 and Series One 45 combo for review and I think I'm going to buy an HT Stage 60 I'm really impressed by the tone, features and build quality. I'm tempted also by the 100 watt head and 2x12 cab might need an attenuator for home use though...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I don't own one at the moment, but I've used them quite a bit over the past year. Great stuff with tons of features. The HT-5 is one of the best bargains out there for the low-wattage game. I've also messed with the Venue series and I've been impressed by them every time I've plugged in.

·
Registered
754 Posts
i have the ht-5 and ht-20 head. best bang for the buck out there imo. great tone out of both, although i feel the 20w sounds a little richer than the 5w, although they both are great.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've played an HT-5 a couple of times and did so again for a while the other day, wanting to like it because a lot of people say good things about it, but I find it mediocre at best. The clean was ok, but the distortion channel just didn't work for me at all. Maybe a pedal would fix that, but I haven't tried one yet. ymmv

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.