Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired a Cayman Green BL 1025 and i think the pickups might have been swapped at some point. The soldering is nasty and there is electrical tape:x
Im wondering if anyone has this model and could post pics of the original JL/Daisensei pickups/ electronics?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think I have several sets of those pickups in boxes that I pulled out of BL1025s. I don't have pics, but I can try to take some soon.

One thing I know is that they have absolutely no distinguishing markings anywhere on them. I know that because I sold a set to someone a few years back and the buyer just had to trust me about what they were.

You probably know this, but the BL1025 had an unusual wiring scheme where the middle position of the 5-way engages the 2 outer pickups, rather than the middle single alone. Also, the tone pot is push/pull to split the 2 humbuckers. Is yours still working like that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks stratoskier, that would be a big help. Yes, that's how it was wired when I got it. It took me a few to figure out exactly what the switch positions did. When I opened it up, all the wiring was messed up. Globs of solder on the pots, wires twisted and electrical tape everywhere. There are no markings on these pickups. I think someone swapped the pickups and hopefully put the originals back in before selling. I'm trying to get Ibanez to send me a wiring diagram so I can rewire correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Late to the game here. Also have several pairs of original 1025 PUs laying around. Yell if I can me of any assistance. I'm always curious as to what PUs people end up with these guitars. For me it's all about taking some of the upper mid bite outta that VSV bridge. Love the guitars though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Stratoskier and guitarspaz, would either of you be willing to sell a set of those JL/Daisensei pickups?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts