Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm working on a website for a client and we established that they would like a photo-blog of sorts. No problems, the friend of mine I use for web hosting has just recently installed Wordpress on to his servers. We should be able to make a look and feel in line with the rest of the site I've designed.

I've only looked at a few blogs over the years, including Petie's iheartguitar.blogspot.com. I've never made my own, so I decided to sign up with Wordpress seeing as I'm going to be using their product for my client. I want to make sure I'm familiar with the product so that I can train up my client to use it too.

The result is http://lonephantom.wordpress.com. I've only posted a few bits and pieces. I think it will just end up being a random what's going on in my life blog. May just end up being really boring, who knows! :lol:

So who else has their own blog, and what do you write about on yours. I'm keen to see what people are doing with their blogs, and how they handle them.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i hate 'em, won't use 'em, too trendy. from what i have seen people write about everything and anything. they keep a journal daily as to what they did, bought, whatever. if it's a photo site, photographers have posted how the shoot went, the gear they used for it, etc. it's like an online diary, which i have a difficult time understanding. the good thing about it would be keyword searches for the site, but i still won't do it. good luck man.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Thanks for the plug, LonePhantom!

For those who haven't seen it yet, I think of mine more as a website than a blog, in the sense that I don't really write about my day-to-day life or whatever (with the exception of occasional 'What I Listened To On The Way To Work Today' posts, which are kind of mini CD reviews). I have interviews with Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Max Cavalera, Michael Angelo Batio, Seymour Duncan, Steve Blucher, George Lynch, Bumblefoot, Bryan Beller and more (I'm preparing to interview Michael Wilton from Queensryche), and I use the blog to post articles and reviews I've written for various magazines, so there are 'how-to' articles, guitar lessons, glossaries, etc etc etc. It seems to be doing pretty well and my stories have been linked to from some pretty high-profile websites like blabbermouth.net and melodicrock.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts