Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was just a few weeks ago, my band and I played a gig at this restaurant in front of friends, family and strangers. While i was playing I somehow managed to cut my finger on the strings, i have no idea as to how it happened, but my finger would not stop bleeding, luckily for me it was not sore, so i continued playing. finally it came to the end of the song, and by this time my guitar was FULL of blood, even my hand was dripping with blood, i could see the reaction on the peoples faces and they were shocked, so i decided to shock them even more, I did a one hand solo just like Steve Vai on Tender Surrender, obviously not as incredible, but to see the reaction on ppls faces made me feel invincible, i know it must sound like im bragging, but it did make me feel good. By the time we ended our gig, my hand and guitar was covered in blood, luckily for me i have the JS100 in red with Evo's.

Thats the story, now for the question, Is it possible for the blood to ruin the pickups?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
What's wrong with that?

If the blood gets into the pickups, let it dry. I doubt it'll do any harm.

How's the fretboard looking? I'm sure it's a lovely looking stain : )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was not intentional, it just happened, and my band wanted me to do the 1 hand solo thing to impress the audience as there were scouts there from record companies. i havent had any problems with the pickups, they sound fine, i just gotta clean my guitar. i just wanted to make sure i didnt damage anything.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
ZeroDrift said:
i just wanted to make sure i didnt damage anything./QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you damaged your finger. How long have you been playing...how the hell did you cut your finger on a string.....I couldnt cut mine on a string if i HAD too:lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i am 17 yrs old, i have been playing for around 2 and half years, but i have been on and off of lessons, and recently i havent been taking guitar as serious as i would like to, its just with school and all i find it very difficult to make time for practise, however i am going on holiday soon, so during the holidays i will be starting lessons again and im gonna try manage my time better in order to take it more seriously.

As to answer ur question, i have a habbit of biting my nails, so they are very short, somehow the string must have gotten hooked somewhere and cut my finger, it took a nice big chunk of skin...

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
:lol:
I've cut myself with strings before. What really sucks sometimes is when you poke your finger with the point of the string.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
holy cow, i hate when that happens, almost everytime i change strings i land up poking myself with the tips of the strings

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Flobanez said:
:lol:
I've cut myself with strings before. What really sucks sometimes is when you poke your finger with the point of the string.
I once somehow managed to get the tip of the string under my fingernail. That hurt like hell.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have another question, im not a professional at these sort of things but i was wondering if it would be possible to install the original Edge Pro into my JS100, i have only heard good things about it and sometimes when i play i feel like there is a lack of sustain with the Edge Pro 2, so would it be possible to install the original edge pro without damaging the wood ie cutting the wood to make it fit?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
fettouhi said:
Bad for business ;) :lol:.

Regards

André
well, yeah.

keeping the show going despite having cut yourself = professionalism. making a display of bleeding all over your guitar in front of people that are eating = a visit from the health inspector.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have never had anything like that happen to my fret-hand fingers, but I have had a couple of incidences with my right index finger. I have caught it in the strings on the middle finger side of my fingernail and bled some on the strings, but nothing major.

The freakiest incident was at a gig about a month ago. When I broke the low E string (.052) on my SZ720, I grabbed it with my right hand and jerked it rather quickly in an attempt to break the winding and get the string out of my way. Instead the string slipped and the broken core went through the flesh of my index finger. It went in on the top of my index finger close to the center of my middle joint and came out diagonally on the underside next to my middle finger. I even had a little place on my middle finger where the string stopped. It was really wild for a couple of seconds seeing my finger impaled by the guitar string. After that, I pulled the string out, switched guitars, and kept on going. My finger wound up swollen for a couple of days and sore for a week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts