Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got into bodybuilding, and wow has it made me feel great!! Just wondering if any of you other jemsiters are into BB!

If so, then let's get some talk going!
Supplements, training, progress pics, dieting, etc! I'll post some pics of my personal progress the last 6 months later this evening!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Yep.....its essential for truly living life to the fullest.

Just natural weights and cardio over here with a clean diet,lots of water and vitamins.

I eat every 3hrs or so,portions about the size of my fist with 30-40grams of protein.
Water consumption at 500ml-1 litre per hour.

Cardio = 20 mins most mornings,brisk incline tread mill walk burning 200-300 cals.

weights = reverse pyramid set(5 sets)bar curl,military press,push ups,hammer curls,tricep kick backs,shoulder shrugs...etc.

I just eat clean and do whatever i feel like on my weight days,i have about 3- 4 days off between weights.
I try and do cardio every morning plus work full time manual labour.

Supps= whey isolate(plain),Creatine.
Vitamins= multi,C,D,B,calcium,zinc,glucosamine,fish oil.
Cinnamon(teaspoon per day)= Thermagenic(increases metabolism) + it mimics insulin in the body reduceing insulin spike with high GI foods etc.

This is just my thing and works for me.

Im not trying to compete but i take it seriously,especially diet!!
My wifes very happy,im fit and strong and most people think im at least 10 years younger than i am.....GET INTO IT!!

Goodluck with your goals and listen to your body,slow n steady wins the race.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been lifting weights for 13 years. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder, since I don't train like a "typical" BB. Much of what I do focuses on getting stronger.

Supplements: Ya have to be careful with these, since there is so much crap on the market. Currently, I use protein powder, fish oil, caffeine, and a few vitamins.

Training: I usually follow a 4 day a week schedule: 2 Upper Body, 2 Lower Body. The main lifts are done with lower (1-5) reps. Supplemental lifts are done with higher (8-12) reps.

Pics: I have nothing in recent years worth posting!

Dieting: If I'm trying to lose fat, I do better with some sort of low carb diet that peridically reintroduces carbs at specified intervals. (ie. not Atkins!)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ya man I've been at it since mid January this year (2012)
I fee better and better every day, I'm in it 100%
I lift 6 days a week, some may say its overworking but I'm a mesomorph in the extreme, and I'm making really good gains from it. I recently got a job at GNC (national supplement store) and I get great deals in supps

My current stack is
Mega men sport multivitamin
Censor CLA
Liporush (thermo with dmaa)
Kre Alkalyn Creatine
Big Blue NO booster with beta alanine
Pump fuel OR ACG3 OR Jack3d as pre workout
Amplify XL and cellmass as post workout
Core fuel intra workout
N test 600 / Z test test boosters ( for increased protein absorption )
Casein protein pre bed
Fish oil

My current diet is for cutting a little more BF
240g protein
80g carbs
36g healthy fats

My lifts are MWF - chest, biceps, abs
Tues Thurs Sat - Lats, Triceps, traps, delts, quads

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x421/Bryancap77/

That link is my picture timeline of the last 6 months

Starting weight - about 178lbs
Current weight - between 176-184lbs
Goal - 205-210lbs
Current BF% between 6.9-8%

^^^^^ bf was closer to 9 or 10% haha I was trippin

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
I topped out with bench presses just over 310 lbs and was till going strong till I damaged my shoulder. I don't miss the dieting, but I do miss the size and strength, I've tried to get back into it but a busy job and a young family have changed my priorities.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I started lifting weights last year. Had to stop 2 months ago when I had carpal tunnel surgery, but I am getting back to it. A good way to lose weight is to do your weight lifting first so you burn all your sugar out of your muscles, then do some cardio to burn the fat!! I have lost 100 pounds in the last 2 years!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I started lifting weights last year. Had to stop 2 months ago when I had carpal tunnel surgery, but I am getting back to it. A good way to lose weight is to do your weight lifting first so you burn all your sugar out of your muscles, then do some cardio to burn the fat!! I have lost 100 pounds in the last 2 years!!
Awesome job on the weight loss!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's intense man, congrats!!!! Not many people stick with it like that, that's something to be very proud of.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please please guys...............NO PICS in this thread :lol:
Something that really motivates me is seeing other peoples before and after pictures, it makes me think "if they can do that, then I can too!"
I'm also on bodybuilding.com (I never post, just lurk) and I've learned a lot from that forum

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got into BB in high school. I'm only about 5'8 and, at the time, weighed 235 lbs. I was motivated to lose it all, but didn't know how. I met a guy into BB my 2nd year in university and took it seriously, dropping down to about 185 lbs. Well, 12 years later, full time job, married life, and lack of time/money for eating as much as I could took its toll and I fell out of the competitive side (not that I did ever compete, but was training for it).

I still train religiously, but have added running to the mix for cardio, and occasional yoga. I'm sitting around 155 lbs now and quite lean. I practice a mix of BB and powerlifting now to keep up strength and a little bit of size (I'm no monster though!) through deadlifts, cleans, and squats (I've never had a big bench).

I always mix up my workouts every 4-6 weeks to keep the body guessing and to not get into a stale routine.

My current stack includes Muscle Pharm Assault for a pre-workout drink, a BCAA/glutamine mix to sip on during my workouts, as well as whey throughout the day (usually post workout and before bed).

I always aim for about 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and have been maintaining my size for about 2 years now. My main protein sources are fish, chicken, and lean beef, as well as eggs.

I've learned to listen to my body/mind when it comes to rest. If one of those is off, I rest. If I'm not fully healed from a workout, I won't be able to put up the weight I want to and I don't like training if my head isn't into it that day - lack of concentration/unproductive workout.

I still read a lot about nutrition/physiology and try to keep an active interest in the sport locally, and nationally. I'll probably continue training for years to come.

The gym is one of my mistresses, says my wife!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thanks guys! It seems though that the last 20-30 pounds just hang on like a flea on a dog. I have recently redoubled my efforts. My MAIN problem of course is PORTION CONTROL.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
don't you think it is a little boring? no speed(no drugs!) or danger or heavy competition?
And....where are the girls? ofcourse everybody can have their hobby but there is more out there than oversized muscles. i have done it a few monts, been there, done that.

-downhill mtb
-martial arts
-mountain climbing

it gives you a good body too, and it gives a thrill when you do it! excitement!

and you see great places and met great people !

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
don't you think it is a little boring? no speed(no drugs!) or danger or heavy competition?
And....where are the girls? ofcourse everybody can have their hobby but there is more out there than oversized muscles. i have done it a few monts, been there, done that.

-downhill mtb
-martial arts
-mountain climbing

it gives you a good body too, and it gives a thrill when you do it! excitement!

and you see great places and met great people !
The competition is kind of intense in a way.

But the reason I like it is because it's not like anything else in the world in alot of ways.
You learn so much about yourself, you learn how much your truly capable of. Controlling your eating habits, pushing through pain, being consistent. There are ZERO other factors beside you. You control every result.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But I do agree that especially biking would be great, I like the idea of the visuals and the experience that coincides

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Still going strong. I weigh 200+lbs now about 11% bf hoping to be at 210-215 by January

Bench - 315
Squat - repping 185x20 225x15 275x10 315x6
Power clean - repping 185 easy

1 - 20 of 73 Posts