Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have a question. I run a Rockbox Boiling Point through the front of my Blackstar HT20 combo, and when i use it on the clean channel, it sounds amazing, and i get some really great rock tones. However, when i want to use it as a tubescreamer as a boost for playing metal, on the distortion channel of the amp nothing seems to happen when i turn the Rockbox on, the sound just stays the same. Could anyone suggest a reason to why this happens?

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I agree, even if the tone isn't drastically altered, there should be more hum and noise when it's engaged on top of an already dirty channel.
As for loosing some of the bass, that's perhaps more to do with the EQ of the pedal and how it reacts with the dirty channel. Tweak around with that. The settings used on your clean channel will affect things differently on the dirty channel, generally speaking.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Turn the pedal's volume up to about 3 o'clock and it's gain down to just a hair above zero. Using the pedal like a clean boost will push the amp harder and give you more natural tube grind. You can then roll the gain up a little but don't go too high or it will start to get grainy sounding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts