Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been a while since I've been on the forums. I have just one question. Is this a great/good classical guitar??? I can't find any reviews of video representations on how it sounds acoustically or amplified. I would guess that it sounds great because their Solitare Steel string guitars sound amazing. Tell me what you guys think. If you have ever fiddled with one or own the ECL-2 or 4.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
BC's are decent guitars- they are a bit off the beaten track for classical nylons though.
The sound hole configurations - upper bout and on the bass-side - are unique and the one I played sounded good. Electronics are decent.
If you're looking for a traditional classical under $1k I would recommend 'Alhambra" guitars - they are produced in Spain and private-label build all the student models for Ramirez. They offer their own name-brand models for less. Upper end Cordoba's a decent too.
Cedar tops are mostly preferred unless you want a flamenco-style guitar.
Hey, if you like the BC ignore everything I just said and grab it! There really are no rules- if you like it - get it. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts