Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. How much different is the Breed from the Tone Zone? I mean is there a huge difference? Is it similiar in output? Does it have the same harmonics and crunch as the Tone Zone?

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
640 Posts
If your talking 6 string and Basswood body, body mounted? I've heard both and have found the TZ to be warmer, with better harmonics. I love the percussive quality when palm muting heavy chords. TZ's are slowing nudging the Evo's from my top spot in 6 string pickups.

~A

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.. I've decided on the Tone Zone.. As I said in another topic on here, that pickup rocked in an ibanez 470 I had with a trem that was blocked because it was the Low TRS2 variety.. but otherwise it's the same guitar as my 550, only the 550 seems to be better quality overall too.. and my current 550 has even a brighter sound due to the neck / fretboard being maple too! I love it though.. God I didn't realize how good Maple felt.. I'd only played maple on older fenders which had terrible frets, setup, etc.. and didn't like it.. Plus the old fenders usually had an inch of topical finish.. Anyway, it's the Tone Zone for sure, and then the Humbucker from hell as the neck pup.. I'm doing away totally with the mid single coil I think because it's too many pickups for me.. Too many options which confuses someone as simple minded as me..hehe..
Thanks guys..
Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts