Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I keep snapping the high E string on my bridge. I don't know what bridge it is but you can't tell from the image I uploaded because that doesn't work.

Although I uploaded an image of the saddle, it was apparently removed.

But from ibanez dot fandom dot com/wiki/Edge_Pro?file=Ibanez_Edge_Pro.jpg this image, it seems to be EdgePro (see www dot jemsite dot
com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9797&stc=1&d=1533232611 ). It seems to swivel. Does it swivel? It's RG8670.

It looks like it might have a small pit, causing the string to get cut. How can I fix this? Can I replace the saddle? Should I try to sandpaper it?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Hi there, firstly welcome to JEMsite - sorry you can’t get the image to upload, we had to implement a minimum post count before allowing images to be posted due to then high levels of spam.

I’m not familiar with the Edge Pro having always preferred the Edge and Lo
Pro Edge, I think replacing the saddle is probably sure fire way of sorting the issue but others might be able to advise on a less drastic fix.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I keep snapping the high E string on my bridge.

It looks like it might have a small pit, causing the string to get cut. How can I fix this? Can I replace the saddle? Should I try to sandpaper it?
I used to be a jeweler and have lots of tools for polished small metal surfaces. If you've got a friend in the field you might take it to them and they'll also be able to look at it under magnification to properly identify what type of problem you've got.

Sounds pretty simple, unless it is a hole requiring re-shaping, in which case the best course may be to just buy a new saddle.

Interesting user name you chose there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would also recommend replacing the saddle. With the amount of tension and vibration that a string endures, a tiny imperfection can easily cause your issue. Saddles are cheap to replace.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would recommend swaping saddles. No cost.
With Floyd Rose there are 3 different saddle hight,
but with Ibanez bridges I think that bridge plate is curved and saddles are same height, so if all saddles are same height just swap with 3rd string saddle, or 6th string saddle.
Those are thickest strings and probbaly they will not be affected with saddle imperfection.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would recommend swaping saddles. No cost.
With Floyd Rose there are 3 different saddle hight,
but with Ibanez bridges I think that bridge plate is curved and saddles are same height, so if all saddles are same height just swap with 3rd string saddle, or 6th string saddle.
Those are thickest strings and probbaly they will not be affected with saddle imperfection.
This is the best post yet and won't take long to do or cost a cent!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
My 7VSBL Lo-Pro (????) trem likes to break the High E string too. I can't help but do crazy whammy hysterics and then "PLINK!"

My awesome local tech quit to become an IT dude, too. Bummer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts