Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is a picture of an ibanez rg body i just got off of **** (im not sure what model it is) and im looking for a bridge to go on it... The auction said it was set up to use an edge pro but they look a little bit to pricy and i dont really frequently abuse or overuse trems.. in fact i hardly use it at all... So i was wondering if the lower price ibanez trems like the edgepro 2 would fit in the same bridge pocket.... If the routings fit then what are some lower cost bridges i should look into?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hmmm.... Ibanez parts are generally costly... There was a thread here that proved you can swap a licensed floyd into an Edge Pro route and still be intonation properly. Since that is so, you might as well get a Gotoh Licensed Floyd Rose which costs like USD 120 for the Chrome version. Cheaper than the Ibanez Edge Pro/Pro 2 I bet.

But lets be extra sure before we order aye? ;) Anyone else can help confirm this?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
first thing you need to establish is what model the body is from. ibanez has a wonderful practice of routing individual models to pretty much accept only the bridge that it came with from the factory (with few exceptions).

so, do you know what model it was?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.