Jem Ibanez Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi (ooooo first post)
being a big fan of vai but not being able to afford a jem made me decide I wanted to build my own. I've bought the body off ****, not a original jem body but what looks like an RG body with a monkey grip already cut into it. I also got a pickguard pickups and a floyd rose style trem with the body (to fit the trem I would need to do some routing). the whole lot looks like a project that sombody has started but not finished.

Now this is my question. the trem cavity seems to be the same size as the one on my rg 370dx which has an edge 3 trem. I like the edge 3 tremolo but I've never had anything to compare it against and reading on here it seems like its not very good. so should I get an egde pro to use instead of the floyd rose styled one as I also read on here that an edge pro will drop straight into an edge 3 cavity.

Thanks (hope to be using this forum now, already got some great stuff on it)
Ed

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey, congrats and welcome to Jemsite!

I'm a newbie here too.Cool to see you have a Jem,the local guitar store owner in my town has several jems,yet he isn't a Vai fan,so it's cool man.

hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

The edge pros are really nice. I love them, but they are pricey. I can get used to anything, but my favorite trem as been the original edge from back in the late 80's. Other than that the edge pro kicks butt! You'll love it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks. I know what you mean they are a bit expensive I will just look out for a second hand one.

also I the body is currently white. it will need re painting as its has some marks on it but I cant decide whether to paint it white again. I would like to have a go at swirling it but the body is front routed so needs to have a opaque pickguard. has anybody seen swirled guitars with an opaque pickguard that look good?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts