Ibanez JEM Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Damn this sucks. Sorry to hear about your problems with Jon. Hopefully, do to this thread, others will not fall into his low-down dirty rip-off scam.

I was really nice and patient with Jon and I think he takes advantage of that. Once I mentioned lawyers, lawsuits, and e-mail every week, I got the guitar body in about 2 months.

Gabe

·
Registered
599 Posts
well if it makes ya feel better, you definitely saved me from working with him. I had been thinking of gettong one of his guitars that he advertises on his website. Not now though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Gabe, i'm in the same boat as you. I ordered a guitar body from Mr. Harper back in 2000 i believe (it's been so damn long i don't even remember the exact order date, cuz i'm still waiting for my body).......and to this day, i still havent received it. His excuse: "it got lost in the shuffle"
I am in the process of verifying the date that he charged my credit card. Once i find this out, i'm going to file charges against him.
After a rather harsh email i sent him, he said the body was in its "final sanding" stages and will be shipped the following week. Well, that was a bunch of bull.
Since then, the man didn't email or call me........
I'm really pissed off, but i am going to either get my damn guitar body, or my money back. I've given him those options many times now.....and it seems the only option he wants is for the law to set the record straight. I'm sure Gabe and I aren't the only ones getting ripped off......but there is just no excuse for a customer to wait well over a year and a half for one guitar body.
He told me it was going to be 2 weeks..........so far it's looking like 2 years and more.

Do NOT order anything from this guy........he WILL continue to screw ppl over until he is thrown in jail. I will do everything i can so he doesn't rip me off.

Silversurfer

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Just a small reply to a very old post, check ebay!!!

Lefty RG replica with a lefty lo-pro edge in it. Looks cool!!

Regards

André

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Rich is not impressed by how chunky, crudelly shaped and poorly finished all the Harper necks he's seen were, so he jokingly refers to them as 1"x3" planks of wood.

I find it amusing. :D

ilia

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am going to have one custom made at a shop but i'd appreciate a tip rather than fishing all over the site. i have a shop in san diego that i know.
thank you.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
i am going to have one custom made at a shop but i'd appreciate a tip rather than fishing all over the site. i have a shop in san diego that i know.
thank you.
...and that is why members aren't rushing in to post suggestions! This is another of those frequently asked questions that answers can be found by using the handy-dandy SEARCH function. You might not want to take 10 minutes for "fishing all over the site," so most members wont want to spend 2 minutes to retype answers. ....just a suggestion...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
...and that is why members aren't rushing in to post suggestions! This is another of those frequently asked questions that answers can be found by using the handy-dandy SEARCH function. You might not want to take 10 minutes for "fishing all over the site," so most members wont want to spend 2 minutes to retype answers. ....just a suggestion...
Except the search function is barely usable here. I was trying to find advice on TC Electronic's G-System and tried searching for it, let's just say it wasn't very useful.

Turns out someone had posted one for sale two days before I did my search. That thread didn't show up at all.

So, we need to be a little more lenient on these guys who give up on Jemsite's search function.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Except the search function is barely usable here. I was trying to find advice on TC Electronic's G-System and tried searching for it, let's just say it wasn't very useful.

Turns out someone had posted one for sale two days before I did my search. That thread didn't show up at all.

So, we need to be a little more lenient on these guys who give up on Jemsite's search function.
Agreed, but most folks don't know it's there.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts