Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm very glad I've found this site. Seems like the right place for Ibanez users. :)

So, I decided to buy a new guitar and I've ended up with a dilemma.
I can spend about 1000-1500 euros and the guitars I liked from the Ibanez line are:

RG2550Z
RG2570Z
S5740
RG3520Z

Probably the RG3520Z is the best guitar from these four, but I'm kinda not decided if it's worth to spend 500 more euro to buy it or to stick one of the 25 RG's or th S. This sunday I'm going to try them all and buy one, but if you can give me some direction, I would be very grateful.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
from what i recall, the 2550z and the 2570z are the same except for finish and pickguard. they have the same pups. anyway, they're both your standard RG prestige level.

the RG3520Z if i remember correctly as well, has the same pups as the 2550z and stuff but without the single coil? looks cooler, but i wouldn't spend the extra on it. i'm not sure if you're familiar with RGs, but the 3 RGs are almost identical except for finish (from my memory...i might be wrong, they're 2008 models).

as for the S, well if you've tried them out you'll know they have completely different necks to RGs which is the main thing i notice on em.

all depends on your preference, as usual. i own an rg2550z and it's great, i mean it's an RG, it is what it is lol.

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
ive got a rg2550z.its a nice guitar lovely neck,but the pickups arent much good.there not totaly crap, but would be a mighty fine guitar with high end pick ups in.im putting evo's in mine.stock pickups in all rg models arent much good,but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
You really do need to play them all and decide for yourself, especially when talking about that kind of money. Personally, I'd probably pick the RG3520Z just because I like the top and the two humbucker setup. But YOU have to be happy with it, not me!

Let us know what you decide!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.