I'm new around here. I'll buy my first (electric) guitar soon. This site seems to be a very good place to ask for advice as a beginner.
So, I want to buy a guitar that has a warm, beefy tone for the style of metalcore, industrial metal, sludge, djent, and generally heavier stuff like these genres.
I've been considering these models, just not sure yet:
- Ibanez GRGR121EX (This was my original plan for my budget)
- Cort Z42 (Another possible choice for the same price as 121's)
More expensive ones:
- Ibanez SZ520QM (Looks like a dream, but all the videos show a bit weak sound?)
- Ibanez RGA32 (Sounds good, but not sure if those active pickups are great)
- Ibanez RGR321EX (Seems to be a pretty popular piece)
- Ibanez ART120 (There are rather diverse opinions about its humbuckers, made in China :/)
My question is, which would be ideal for my purposes? Any opinions?
When I'll become experienced in playing the guitar, I'm planning to detune it with a new set of thicker strings (maybe even to B standard).
Later I'm also planning to install Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it.
Please give me some advice! Thanks!