Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Sorry to be so vague, but you know how we can get about leads and leaks on certain guitars, so because im paranoid about it leaking, going viral, and someone stealing it from under me, but heres the story:

1) I contacted a EU seller to buy a guitar
2) We negotiated and then agreed on price
3) I sent paypal payment (as goods, and in the notes identified the model and serial of the guitar as well as the listing ad)
4) Seller does not want to sell the guitar anymore.

Now I talked to paypal and they said the payment must be claimed or accepted first before funds are released.

My question is:

has anyone had experience with buying from European seller? if the transaction was canceled, what happened with the funds and refund?

im really disappointed, depressed, worried (loss of guitar + money) so if you can help or advise or offer experience, id appreciate it

PS I will post all the details on the guitar etc as soon as I know what this seller is doing, don't worry

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so the funds are unclaimed. someone told me if they do not claim the funds, they are returned.

I was also told he has the option to decline payment and cancel the receipt of funds and they are refunded immediately back to me.

I don't want to preemptively file a dispute, but should I email paypal and let them know his intentions are not to ship and cancel the transaction/refund me?

any ideas

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Good luck on that one. I hope they change their mind or at least you can negotiate.

Ibanezes that are rare are bought by people all around the world. If you have a lawsuit era one it's smart that you are not telling us here. I personally would love to see a 70's L-5 Ibanez copy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when I tell you, you guys will understand.

but yeah, do you think im in any danger now that I already sent payment and he now wants to not sell anymore?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
when I tell you, you guys will understand.

but yeah, do you think im in any danger now that I already sent payment and he now wants to not sell anymore?
If he doesn't want to sell the guitar have him decline the payment and if he doesn't then file a dispute immediately. Do not let it drag out. Contact the seller and tell him to decline payment.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
U guys are in the j-custom ring and you don't recognize those serials from google!!!

I wanted it to be like a surprise man

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I GOT THE ART

its been lost for 10 years since german e-b-a-y and now its back home

:D

waited 15 years for this man

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
U guys are in the j-custom ring and you don't recognize those serials from google!!!

I'm not in the J-Custom ring, was just trying to help you not get screwed out of your money :mrgreen:

But congrats on your holy grail man! Put a pic up...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh thank you man

it is my holy grail, it really is, im practically in shock over a guitar, feel silly but DAMN!!!

ill post pics up soon in a NGD thread, itll be here in 4-8 days!!!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

Wow, I never heard of this gem of a guitar until I joined here. Those are amazing!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks man, I think its the greatest electric ever made myself...yeah I found out about them here too, this place is really great, thanks glen

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK WELLLLL....paypal went fine, but now its the 5th or 6th day and no update or anything. it was 4-8 priority internaiontal sent sat. sorted amd mailed by Monday night, and supposedly here but

USPS says they have no record of it leaving the country, and the courier said it already left Europe.

so where could it be? stuck in customs? stuck on a boat? im worried about it getting here now

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
OK WELLLLL....paypal went fine, but now its the 5th or 6th day and no update or anything. it was 4-8 priority internaiontal sent sat. sorted amd mailed by Monday night, and supposedly here but

USPS says they have no record of it leaving the country, and the courier said it already left Europe.

so where could it be? stuck in customs? stuck on a boat? im worried about it getting here now
Did you get a tracking number from him???

1 - 20 of 52 Posts