Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in california who can help? im planning a move from NY to CA and need information on utility rates. so i need the rates for gas, electric, and water bills. any help is appreciated. also, any useful websites wouldn't hurt. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I live in Vegas, but from what I remember, CA is somewhat comparible to NV in some areas. Housing is expensive as hell in CA. Utilities shouldn't be that much further behind what I pay. Gas is about $40 a month, electric is about $120 a month in the sumer. I pay about $30 for water. I've got two cell phones (one for me and one for the wife) and that's pretty much the same everywhere.
I'm paying $1,000 a month in rent for a 3 bedroom house, but that's actually very cheap for where I am.

I believe Southwest Gas will be the company you go through for gas.

I too am from NY. It's a big change from NY to the west coast : )

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome, thanks for the info. yea, i think it'll be a huge change when i get there!

any other comments are more than welcome. thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah, knightmeir is pretty close on the averages. Rent is crazy, but all depends on where you're at in So Cal. I lived in upstate New York a couple of years back. Utility Prices don't seem to be much different.

later, Jeremy

·
Registered
42 Posts
i agree slowcmfrtablscrw that knighmeir hits pretty close to average with his estimates and that location has much to do with rent prices

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help with the utility prices and what not. i'm in upstate NY so i guess i shouldn't expect to much of a difference in prices then. I'm looking to go to GIT so I'm currently checking out burbank and glendale. i want to be close to the school but i was told to stay out of the hollywood area b/c its not the safest place. any other ideas on where to rent? thanks guys, been very helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts