Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marshall, in their wisdom, have decided to update their website, but when uploading all of their handbooks, they've missed out the 30th series... Can anyone help me out here? I bought mine second hand and so never had the manual with it, and now I can't find a PDF file for it anywhere on the site.

Im just after the page that explains all of the back panel, as Im having a strange occurance, earlier this evening, I switched on the amp whilst jamming with some friends, and there was a loud pop, one of the "blown fuse" LEDs went on, well one of them (left one IIRC). No biggie, just play on half power this evening...

Did the old "on/off" routine to find that the light went off and then later came back on dimly (I was under the impression that you can't half-break a fuse ;)), I'm just after the page that explains what these two LEDs refer to exactly so that I can go about fixing it.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bizare...

had just blown the HT fuse, replaced it, the light flickered a couple of times and then went out... replacement fuse was fine.

*shrugs*

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Algiman said:
(6100, best amps Marshall ever made, hence I have 2 :) )
In my opinion the best Marshalls ever made are the 2203(100watt) and 2204(50watt) Heads. Classic Marshall single-channel Master Volume heads.(see below:))

The 2204 (top one)is a '79 and it's never even had the slightest problem and sounds amazing.I prefer the 50 watters because they're easier to drive harder. The red 2203 is a great amp as well but it hasn't quite got the tone of the '79 2204.

I've played a few 6100's and the ones that didn't break down really didn't sound that great at all.
It sounds like a great amp on paper but just doesn't pull it off in reality.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Algiman said:
(6100, best amps Marshall ever made, hence I have 2 :) )
Uh.... not close :)

The '81-'83 era 2203/2204s were a little bit of an upgrade and all the old handwired Marshalls up to 74 were a huge upgrade :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.