Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys.

I'm looking at getting a new camera. I have an Galaxy S4 that features 13 megapixels and a 5x optical zoom. I'm looking at getting a camera that will give me a similar quality in pictures.

Thank you for the recommendations in advance.

Matt

·
Banned
5,010 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Which ever camera you get, it'll have better quality than a camera in a phone which has such small optics and not a very good image sensor. It may look ok on the phone screen (less than 1 mega pixel) but look at the image at the native resolution and you'll see how poor it is.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Galaxy (all versions) camera is really meh (terrible).

Post in the other thread if you want a DSLR or APS-C sensor body.

But depending on how you shoot you might want to look instead at one of these 3 phones which save to DNG/RAW files shortly, the 1520 does today. Yes RAW files on your phone, the 1020 has a pretty large sensor (bigger than most point/shoot cameras). All 3 are "pureview" and offer tremendous camera options (manual everything)...

Nokia Lumia 1020 (save to RAW/DNG soon with firmware "Nokia Black" update in Jan)
Nokia Lumia 1520
Nokia Lumia 92x (save to RAW/DNG soon with firmware "Nokia Black" update in Jan)

...glen

ps - 6fingers - captain obvious - please learn when to just NOT POST ;-)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Which ever camera you get, it'll have better quality than a camera in a phone which has such small optics and not a very good image sensor. It may look ok on the phone screen (less than 1 mega pixel) but look at the image at the native resolution and you'll see how poor it is.
Yes

I'm no camera expert but my wife is a photographer/artist and yeah any camera with a nice big lens is going to take better pics than a phone with a teenie little lens. My wife uses a Canon Rebel (not sure which model) and has really good luck with it and it wasn't a "bank breaker"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes

I'm no camera expert but my wife is a photographer/artist and yeah any camera with a nice big lens is going to take better pics than a phone with a teenie little lens. My wife uses a Canon Rebel (not sure which model) and has really good luck with it and it wasn't a "bank breaker"
Believe you are referring to the Canon EOS T3i. (Maybe). I've got it, it is absolutely SUPERB. For filmmakers even due to the narrow field of view, and photographers. Costs around $500 but absolutely worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts