Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to scales and this is probably pretty obvious although I need to make sure

Normally it a major scale would go like this A B C# D E F# G# A.

But can it go like A G F E D C A# A?

I'm guessing yes it can but I'd like it clarify. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
No matter what order you play the notes, it's still a major scale.

When referencing a scale, you're talking about the tonality (the distance of whole and half steps compared to your root), not the order you play them in.

Well, there is the melodic minor scale, but you'll learn about that later. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm fairly new to scales and this is probably pretty obvious although I need to make sure

Normally it a major scale would go like this A B C# D E F# G# A.

But can it go like A G F E D C A# A?

I'm guessing yes it can but I'd like it clarify. Thanks!
I don't know what you're talking about, but you're second scale there is A phrygian.
If you want to go back down on the major scale, just use the same notes that you did going up. :)

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Its all about the relationship of the tones to each other in a particular scale.
If the interval order is the same you are in the same key.
Modes add another level to the whole thing.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Yeah male guitarists are always up.
Female guitarists prefer(thank God)..............ups & downs :lol:
That's funny, dude!
In fact, as a lurker and always reading threads--I constantly read really humorous replies from you.
I'm really glad to see those. Too many boards lack humort and witty comments. It's refreshing to be part of a community with members like you--that can respectfully remind us that life is too short not to stop and laugh sonetimes.
I'm always waiting to read what you post--I wish there was a "subscribe to members" feature...lol.
I'll just have to keep an eye out daily.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That's funny, dude!
In fact, as a lurker and always reading threads--I constantly read really humorous replies from you.
I'm really glad to see those. Too many boards lack humort and witty comments. It's refreshing to be part of a community with members like you--that can respectfully remind us that life is too short not to stop and laugh sonetimes.
I'm always waiting to read what you post--I wish there was a "subscribe to members" feature...lol.
Please don't feed the bears.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Please don't feed the bears.

That's funny, dude!
Thanks man.
Well some take life too seriously, it's a guitar forum we should have fun and not treat it like a religion.
This is the Emobabies era so there's a lot of them around us, let's make them suffeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr (James Earl Jones deep voice) :lol:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts

Thanks man.
Well some take life too seriously, it's a guitar forum we should have fun and not treat it like a religion.
This is the Emobabies era so there's a lot of fun around us, let's make them suffeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr (James Earl Jones deep voice) :lol:
QFT. Life is meant to be enjoyed. If you dont enjoy life, you've wasted an incredible experience :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts