Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dylan is right, only rarely will an Edge/Lo-Pro fit in a TRS cavity without routing to allow for the longer wings. An OFR is a direct retrofit, but it will look out-of-place because the treble wing is wider than the bass wing. The licenced Floyd made by Gotoh (who makes the Edge/Lo-Pro/EP trems) is just as good, will retrofit and won't look out-of-place.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
I say yay on the Gotoh licenced Floyd. I picked one up for my project guitar which is currently being built and I've put it on my RG470 for the time being until the guitar is built and it's a fantastic trem.

The only thing you'll need to look out for is the trem block. I "think" there are two different sizes for the trem block on the trem. The longer one wont quite fit in the cavity with the backplate on unless you have high action. I've just got the back plate off for the time being, and the body being built for my new axe will be thicker so it will have no problem fitting.

If there is only one size trem block on the trem just shorten it a bit if you don't want it hanging out the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts