Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It's been a while, but I did learn it at one point.

I'm talking about the album version. The G3 version with the extended end solo would take a lot more work :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice,id like to hear someone play the g3 version. You should upload the album version that you knew if you can still remember it.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
man.. that was a long time ago at the height of my obsession with Vai and shred. To be honest, I play more John Mayer than Steve Vai now.

I still practice technique, and I'm definately a better player than I was then; I just gave up memorizing other people's notes.

·
Registered
542 Posts
yeah ..i love it. i don't really know the end solo part on G3 note from note but i can still play somthing along the same lines . the song isn't that hard to learn, it's more the phrasing of each note that make's it tricky........just remember lot's of slide's.lol...

Shep

·
Registered
839 Posts
It isn´t a difficult song. The only tricky point is the tapping phrase. Think that Steve doesn´t play it exactly twice. If you decide to play it, try to do it more legatto than tapping when arriving to the 11-9 frets descending through the three lower strings. Be carefull with the P&W tab book. The initial chords are incomplete and when the song goes to C the music is all-right in the transcription, but Steve doesn´t play it at the same frets. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
jem7vwh said:
man.. that was a long time ago at the height of my obsession with Vai and shred. To be honest, I play more John Mayer than Steve Vai now.

I still practice technique, and I'm definately a better player than I was then; I just gave up memorizing other people's notes.
I do the exactly the same thing. I don't learn Steve's songs anymore I just learn new techniques etc.

Regards

André

1 - 7 of 7 Posts