Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this RG 570 made in 1988, did it come with the bound neck and inlays? Just curious.. Also, if in decent shape, not collector shape, but good neck, body with usual scratches, etc, etc.. what price range should it be bought in? It has the edge or low pro edge trem I'm sure.. I've not seen it yet, but I know where there are two of them going up for sale soon!

·
Registered
477 Posts
If it has bound neck and fingerboard, it's probably an RG770. Price range? If it's in good condition, with no stress cracks on the neck, a nice clean tremolo without bad fading or pitting, and a hardshell case I'd say it's in the $350 ballpark. Maybe a little more, maybe less. Condition is everything. --Jason

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, they have inlays and a pickguard.. Edge Trem of some type.. Says something about made in the USA on the neck plate I think it is.. I'm getting pics and I'll load them when I do probably this week.. Thanks so much Jkahrs!
He wants 399 and 450 respectively, but he says they are in really good shape.. not pristine, but outstanding I guess..
Tim

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If it's got binding and inlays and from 1988-1989 it's an RG7xx. The RG770 didn't turn up till like 90 though, IIRC. I'd be wary if it's really H-S-H and no pickguard with an 1988 SN#.

More often than not, the USA Address neckplate means it *might* have been assembled here from Japanese parts. The RG7xx's weren't a made in USA model or anything.

$350-450 would be about the recent going rate for an excellent condition RG7xx. He's inside that. ;)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Well, that really depends... I got both of mine('88 750, '89 760) for under that with cases.

Just going by recent sales on ****. :)

Of course if it's minty-fresh, and a color you love to death, then it's worth whatever you can afford. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts