Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.. I want to change the pickups configuration of my guitar. Here is my current setup:

Rectangle Font Line Material property Symmetry

I want to remove my middle pickup and make it like this:

Rectangle Font Line Material property Parallel

But I don't know how to do it myself.. sending the guitar to my local guitar shop is no use, as they don't have the knowledge in doing this.. thus I would have to do this myself....
Can anyone help me please?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, maybe something like this www(dot)seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2hum_1vol_1tone_super5way
Could you tell me please how many volume and tone pots you have and what kind of switch (3-way or 5-way or...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello, maybe something like this www(dot)seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2hum_1vol_1tone_super5way
Could you tell me please how many volume and tone pots you have and what kind of switch (3-way or 5-way or...)
I'm using a 5 way switch with one volume and one tone pots..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, let's say I want the 3rd position of the 5 way switch to not turn on any pups:
if I just remove the middle single coil pickups, do I have to do some modification to the other pickups wiring too?
Or I can simply remove the middle pups and I can achieve what I want?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.