Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,212 Posts
I have read that those will fit the Edge, but I have never tried them.

I have to ask why you would want them?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read that those will fit the Edge, but I have never tried them.

I have to ask why you would want them?
No reason really. I was just wondering.

Some of the finish on the saddles of my gold Edge have begun to wear so I was thinking of using those instead of buying OEM Ibanez gold saddles again. The whole string saving thing sounds kinda cool too don't you think?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Keep in mind those are for a Floyd, so the saddles are designed to create a radius (14" says that page) so the saddles are in pairs at the same height (E-e A-B D-G) where an Edge has the baseplate staggered to create the radius, and the saddles are all identical.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've decided against buying them. They look very different from the saddles on the Edge and I don't want to **** up the feel of the trem that I'm already very used to.

It's just that Ibanez OEM parts are SOOOO expensive. USD$20 for one Lo-Pro Edge saddle and USD$24 for one Original Edge saddle!

Any ideas where I can score some for cheaper?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The bay? If you're in Singapore, you shouldn't have any problems finding them cheap though...

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah e.bay if you want used ones

I'd get them from ibanezrules new if i were you, then use David's MyTradingPost to send them over, great price, great service.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah e.bay if you want used ones

I'd get them from ibanezrules new if i were you, then use David's MyTradingPost to send them over, great price, great service.
The prices I quoted earlier are Ibanez Rules prices.

Rich ships internationally and I've ordered stuff from him before so no issues there.

·
Vendor
26,454 Posts
I feel your pain, but the prices just keep getting higher. The list price on a bare Edge saddle is now $25.

I usually recomend jusy paying a few more dollars and buying a complete replacement trem [without the install kit], it at least makes you feel like you got your money's worth ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel your pain, but the prices just keep getting higher. The list price on a bare Edge saddle is now $25.

I usually recomend jusy paying a few more dollars and buying a complete replacement trem [without the install kit], it at least makes you feel like you got your money's worth ;)
I'm kinda leaning towards that now.

The price on your site for a gold Edge is US$300 right? Is that with or without the install kit?

·
Vendor
26,454 Posts
You need gold? That's too bad. Everything gold Edge is long discontinued, why the higher prices. That is the full kit though. They're also not perfect. This was a batch found in the warehouse a couple years ago, whoever cleaned the conmoline off the baseplates left them slightly scratchy when viewed under strong light [although nobody that bought one has said they could see them].

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need gold? That's too bad. Everything gold Edge is long discontinued, why the higher prices. That is the full kit though. They're also not perfect. This was a batch found in the warehouse a couple years ago, whoever cleaned the conmoline off the baseplates left them slightly scratchy when viewed under strong light [although nobody that bought one has said they could see them].
I bought a gold Edge off you last year and yeah it looked fine to me.

I play 3 7VWHs so yeah I need gold. Damn finish wears off too fast if you ask me.

So how much is a gold Lo-Pro Edge w/out the install kit again?

·
Vendor
26,454 Posts
Change the hardware to chrome, you'll pay more up front, but if you keep it clean it'll last you 20 years +.

Gold LP's are on back order. I have one that is very clean but slightly scratchy, another with plate wear to the saddles. I rook pics of both last night for an Aussie that was looking for a gold LP so email if you want them.

·
Vendor
26,454 Posts
Unfortunately no, every piece is separate. And the switch screws will be near impossible to get. Chrome pickup poles, screws, tuners, pins, etc, it's not a cheap job. BUT, chrome on a VWH looks outstanding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unfortunately no, every piece is separate. And the switch screws will be near impossible to get. Chrome pickup poles, screws, tuners, pins, etc, it's not a cheap job. BUT, chrome on a VWH looks outstanding.
I can just picture it now. Chrome will look sexy as hell!

I was thinking of buying the Edge, locking nut and pressure pads from you.

The screws I can probably get from Stew Mac.

I've gotten gold pickguard screws from them before so I assume that the switch screws that they have should work fine as well?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts