Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm a chinese guitar fan and have a instrument company ,some guitar shops

i keeping in touch with michael fuller since january 05, as i told him, i want

to join fulltone just because i respect him and his products.

he always telling me that he has backordered in 4-6 months( different reply

in each email) and it make no sense for him to open any new distributor unless

he can increase production. after few bouts, i started waiting to the end of

the 4 months, and when i contact him again, he just told me that he has just

opened a exclusive distributor here. i can't believe ears. and i asked who's

the distributor. he start cursing at me:here's the mail, ****means F U C K
WHO the **** do you think you are?
I'll tell you whatever the **** I want.
You snooze, you lose pal.

get lost.

Michael R Fuller
President/ Fulltone Musical Products Inc.
4220 Glencoe ave. Suite 100
Marina del Rey CA 90292
www.fulltone.com

he let me contact him later and now he said i snooze?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Is there any point to this thread ?

I can't understand why someone would go to a Forum and register there just to post this.
Am i missing something or is it really as dumb and pointless as it seems to be?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes ,for others, maybe it's pointless. i read and learn things here without register
for long time.
ok,it;s a forum right? not a poker-faced offical site or something like that.
i just can believe the words comes out from such a creditable person.
that's all.

·
Vendor
26,524 Posts
Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe some jacka$$ just screwed him around and he had some hositlity to get out. It's the net and that's always a little "different" when dealing with people. Not that professional of him but I've been just as unprofessional when provoked. ;)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Not everybody is full of sunshine, puppies and butterflies. As Rich said, maybe the guy just had a bad day? Maybe he had already been working with the other distributor but couldn't say anything until the ink was dry on the deal? Maybe you just happend to piss him off somehow?

The bottom line is that it's the PRODUCT that matters. I couldn't care less if the guy is a complete a$$ as long as he keeps cranking out quality products.

You're paying for the product, not the person who's making it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, that's business, I guess. Sorry to hear about you missing out on the deal. But, all businessmen (Fuller included) are out to make money. Things like these happen all the time in business.

You should have constantly asked him about it every month instead of waiting 4 months. Alot can happen in 4 months. Maybe his production sped up during those 4 months and he managed to clear the backorders ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Many people in the music industry are formed from the sticky stuff that collects underneath the bolts that hold the toilet seat down. Then they get to be President/CEO of their own toilet. He seems like one of those people. Rich, you're reselling. He's creating and manufacturing. There's no place for an e-mail like that in business. I had a go-round with a Schecter guy (I'd still like to feed him through the overhead router-eye makeup and black hair dye and all) many years back. I have no tolerance for it.

There are plenty of boutique pedal makers out there. He's not doing anything that can't be gotten elsewhere. And nobody launch into "No, his is the best pedal I've ever had, etc." Trust me, he can be replaced if you know what you want and where to look. If you don't care what kind of guy he is, then buy his stuff and support him.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
You know what, we're only getting part of the story here. Sure it seems as though you got a raw deal, and if he was that rude without provocation, well, that wasn't justified. But I also dare say that it's wrong for you to air your dirty laundry in a "public" forum such as this. Maybe there's a legitimate reason that you didn't get his business.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bpd 111,thanx
i think it's different thing we are talking about.
he can choose anyone to become the dealer as he like. that's in gear, and very understandable! but keeping faith is another matter.
i spent full 6 months on this, offering info of my company and store as much as i can,
analyse the marketing here. whatever he asked me to....
and he always reply with short and imprudent words. and i have told him kindly that i can understand him if he have any reason to refuse me . but he just kept telling me later,later as i mentioned above

what kind of logic it is.?

u think it wasn't justified, so do i. that's why i felt so angry .....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sometimes you have to ask some details that only the manufacturer can answer. I have mailed various non-guitar related manufacturers on various subjects and usually I get a reply. That is what sets good manufacturers above the rest.

Coming to guitar related matters, I know that if I ask some local distributor something I rarely get an answer, especially if I ask via e-mail. Granted, distributors here are ages behind the rest of Europe/USA (I'll spare you the horror stories).

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Dinosaur said:
Sometimes you have to ask some details that only the manufacturer can answer. I have mailed various non-guitar related manufacturers on various subjects and usually I get a reply. That is what sets good manufacturers above the rest.
BINGO!!!

Regards

André

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sirocco said:
I remember reading somewhere before that michael fuller copied the circuitry for his "Fat Boost" pedal from a website.... I've read it before, but I lost the URL..
Yes, i read it too, i remember it's mini booster.....
and fd2 is also just a slightly mod of ts9

1 - 20 of 57 Posts