Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any recommendations for things to do/see in Seattle? I'm planning a little trip up there in the near future, and I'm looking for tips for places to see a show, or nice music stores, etc.

Anything having to do with grunge rock is right out, so that leaves, what, maybe two or three places?

·
Registered
636 Posts
what type of shows? studio seven has some pretty good local bands everynow and then for metal. el corzone (or however you spell it, i still call it the graceland) also has some pretty cool stuff goin on. space needle, pike place market. really if you're just walking around downtown theres plenty of cool things to check out. oh, and EMP! im not sure if its as good as it used to be but it still worth it to check it out.... its a crazy looking building right in the heart of downtown.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I did the touristy thing and got a package deal where you can see a half dozen of the sites. I liked EMP, though the big guitar funnel they had (a big arty thing made of hundreds of guitars) were all cheap knockoffs. ;-) And not enough Queensryche.

I liked the aquarium a lot. The ferry tour was OK. Space needle was OK.

Went to Salty's for dinner. Nice joint, but not to my taste for the exorbitant prices. Awesome crumpet shop near the market.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Oh - didn't get to see any shows, because there wasn't anything going on the week I was there. I did go to a music store, but it wasn't any better than the Guitar Center/Sam Ashes you find in any big city. I forget what it was, but my bro said it was the biggest one around.

I also liked the underground tour. THAT was pretty weird.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Things & places to see and visit in Seattle...

SpaceNeedle
Pacific Science Center
EMP
Pike Place Market
Boeing Museum of Flight
Seattle Aquarium
Woodland Park Zoo
Argosy Cruises
The Piers along the Puget Sound (lots of cool places)
Gasworks Park
Jimi Hendrix's & Bruce Lee's gravesites
The Underground City Tour

Cool clubs....
The Central
El Corazon
EMP's Liquid Lounge
The Catwalk
The Fenix
J&M Cafe

And finally....
NO trip is complete without a visit to Mount Rainier National Park. I was there earlier this week. Simply amazing!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
revsharp777 said:

SpaceNeedle
Pacific Science Center
EMP
Pike Place Market
Boeing Museum of Flight
Seattle Aquarium
Woodland Park Zoo
Argosy Cruises
Gasworks Park
Heh. Thanks for the reminder - we did see all those but Gasworks Park & the Gravesites (not my thing anyway). And they were all pretty cool. We also took a leisurely drive up to Anacordis via an inland road, and came back over the islands & across a ferry. You could see Ranier & the ranges that day. Gorgeous. Wife & I are thinking of moving there when the families are gone...

·
Registered
636 Posts
revsharp777 said:

SpaceNeedle
Pacific Science Center
EMP
Pike Place Market
Boeing Museum of Flight
Seattle Aquarium
Woodland Park Zoo
Argosy Cruises
Gasworks Park

Cool clubs....
The Central
El Corazon
EMP's Liquid Lounge
The Catwalk
The Fenix
J&M Cafe

And finally....
NO trip is complete without a visit to Mount Rainier National Park. I was there earlier this week. Simply amazing!
damn shannon... you should be a tour guide :lol:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is pretty nice out here. I've hit the Pike Place Market, the Piers, took an Argosy Ferry tour of Elliott Bay, and walked around downtown a bit. Saw Mt. Rainier up close from the air and got some killer pics. Don't think I'll make it to the nat'l park this trip, though. I'll hit the Space Needle tomorrow. I'd really like to see the aquarium too. No clubs so far, but I've got a few days still.

Can't beat the weather, either. 70-80's. VERY clear. Quite a different group of people out here. Not that it's representative of the general population, but I did see a prostitute chasing her pimp down the street trying to hit him with an orange plastic traffic cone yesterday down by the waterfront. It was pretty funny.

I'll try to see some music stores tomorrow. I'm open for suggestions in that department too.

·
Registered
980 Posts
TAorama said:
I'll try to see some music stores tomorrow. I'm open for suggestions in that department too.
Well, we have tons of Guitar Centers (Seattle, Tacoma, Tukwila, etc). For Seattle, hit Zobrist Guitars, Guitarville, The Trading Musician, American Music (Bellevue & Seattle).

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked out Guitar Center and American Music. Neither were particularly interesting. GC had one RG570FM that was OK, but a little high, and all AM had was an RG7620 for over $1000.

I did however make it to the Space Needle, and honestly, I though it was pretty cool. Worth the $13? To me, I'd say yes. Just to say I'd been on it. The view was great, and I got some cool pics. Sure it's touristy, but hey, I'm a tourist!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
TAorama said:
Can't beat the weather, either. 70-80's. VERY clear. Quite a different group of people out here. Not that it's representative of the general population, but I did see a prostitute chasing her pimp down the street trying to hit him with an orange plastic traffic cone yesterday down by the waterfront. It was pretty funny.
It was awesome when we went last July, too. This is the GOOD season, with little rain. My brother says the other 8 or 9 months are mostly overcast & drizzly. Not much actual rainfall- PA gets more. But just misty & overcast a lot. I imagine that could be depressing, but then that's why they drink so many lattes. ;-) Still, yeah - a great city. If I had to live in a city, that would be the one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.