Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd add some photos to the gallery, but even though my pics are JPGs I get a message, saying that they're invalid files? :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Could you please post the problem you had and the way you solved it. This will help other members if they encounter similar problems.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure, I can explain. :) It's very strange...

You see, in the upload section it says 'upload files from your computer'. But when I select a JPEG file it says 'invalid file' after having attempted to upload it, which takes a minute or so.

But when I put those same JPGs in my photobucket account, then open them through a direct link in my browser and save them to my computer, then those files can be uploaded to the gallery. It takes a few seconds to upload them.

Strange, eh? :? There must be a reason the JPGs are seen as invalid, but I don't have a clue what that is.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi, on the subject of the gallery, how do I add pictures to the:
Other Ibanez Guitars (6-string)
or
Other Ibanez 7-string Guitars
categories, or even better still create sub-categories below in which to add pictures?
e.g.
|
|__ RG7620

Jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seems we had some server side block on loading large files. We've fixed this so try again. The jpeg/jpg question is no longer relevant.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I'll see if I have another photograph that's worth putting up there.

For what it's worth, the photographs were all JPEGs as far as I could see. But like you said; it's irrelevant now, so..

Ok, I'll see if I can upload another photograph.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, on the subject of the gallery, how do I add pictures to the:
Other Ibanez Guitars (6-string)
or
categories, or even better still create sub-categories below in which to add pictures?
e.g.
|
|__ RG7620

Jim
Good question. The photographs of my Saber are in my own album now because I couldn't put them in the 'Other Ibanez Guitars (6-string)' section, either. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good question. The photographs of my Saber are in my own album now because I couldn't put them in the 'Other Ibanez Guitars (6-string)' section, either. :)
The reason is that "Other Ibanez Guitars (6-string)" is a section with no categories in it. Pictures must go into a category. Since there is no category in that section then the images can't be uploaded. I'll create a category and you can upload the images to there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts