Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
I'm new to the forum! I planning on doing some mods on my Ibanez RGT42DX BP ( ie change the pick ups, change the pots, and the 5 way selector switch), so I have a question or 2

1) would dimarzio 500k pots fit my RGT?

2) would the dimarzio 5 way multi pole pick up selector fit into my RGT? (ie enough room in the cavitiy where the electronics are housed?)

3) I planning on putting a high pass filter on my volume pot, i was on the ibanez parts website and saw that vai/satriani use a 330pf ceramic capacitor ( ibanez part # 3CP1J331 ) on the volume pots. I was wondering what the voltage was on this capacitor? anyone know

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
hey
I'm new to the forum! I planning on doing some mods on my Ibanez RGT42DX BP ( ie change the pick ups, change the pots, and the 5 way selector switch), so I have a question or 2

1) would dimarzio 500k pots fit my RGT?

2) would the dimarzio 5 way multi pole pick up selector fit into my RGT? (ie enough room in the cavitiy where the electronics are housed?)

3) I planning on putting a high pass filter on my volume pot, i was on the ibanez parts website and saw that vai/satriani use a 330pf ceramic capacitor ( ibanez part # 3CP1J331 ) on the volume pots. I was wondering what the voltage was on this capacitor? anyone know
#1 Yes they should fit..... double check the shaft length and hole diamiter!

#2 Why not stick with one you know fits..... get a Ibanez vlx-91, otherwise you'll need to measure and make sure the DiMarzio switch will fit. You know, screw spacing, slot length/width! Better yet...... call or e-mail DiMarzio! ;) Jeez..... you rocket scientists sometimes..... :lol:

#3 Cap voltage is not an issue as your guitar is operating on millivolts.... just remember that caps come in varying sizes based on voltage, type of material and construction. A 12v, 50v, or 500v will do ya!

BTW a millivolt is equal to one thousandth of a volt.

Anyway, check the Stewart-MacDonald web site.... you can't go wrong! http://www.stewmac.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts