Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Caparisons?

• Yes I own one. (Or more!)

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • I'm sourcing one right now.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I'd consider one for my next guitar

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Nope not got one and I'm not even thinking about it.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • No way! I don't like them and I wouldn't have one in my collection.

Votes: 3 3.8%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lefty Robb was saying these are sought after instruments, I'm certainly not gonna say they're not, BUT I am curious to guage the opinion of folks here...

Edit - Now with actual poll ;)

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
I played a Horus Model at NAMM in 2004 & I want 1 really bad , played great tone was good straight from stock guitar. & interesting finish on the 1's I tried.
I read about the finishes, I guess they specially designed them to help with the overall sound and tone of the guitar (enough to make the guitar identifiable on recordings anyways), something that most companies just don't do or care about. I actually didn't believe that at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense, I'm just wondering what the paint pro's out there think about this.... (Yeah, I'm talking to you SCS :)..)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I will probably get one in the future... I have played a few Horus and Dellinger models.. And they Kicked Royal @$$ :D haha
The only bad thing is that its a Challenge to get one here in Sweden for a decent price without having to sell your house or something ;/

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I have one, and to tell you the truth, it took a while to grow on me. I personally think (and most people do) the stock pickups should be swapped out. I put some duncans in there, and it has a great sound now.

Plus, a 24 3/4" scale on a 27 fret guitar takes a little getting used to.

They really do have a distinctive tone to them. I would actually probably go back to the stock pickups again and pay a little more attention to them.

If I were to get another one, it would probably be a dellinger.

But they are very well made guitars, with a ton of attention to detail. Very light and comfortable to play, but they are a little different at first, and it takes some getting used to their unique sound.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't own one and I wouldn't consider it.

I just think Ibanez is a far better way to go. By no means is it necessary to pay over 2 grand for a guitar that has almost the exact same features as an RG which is at least half the price.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
What do you mean? 1 Shop in the entire US is more than enough :) :p
Yeah, but if you're talking about who I think you're talking about, they are really cool, and will really work with you on everything.

I just went and picked up my Caparison and played it, and it really is a great guitar. I can tell you this, it's a lot better than the average RG, and it's up there with a Jem or J-Custom.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Yeah, but if you're talking about who I think you're talking about, they are really cool, and will really work with you on everything.

I just went and picked up my Caparison and played it, and it really is a great guitar. I can tell you this, it's a lot better than the average RG, and it's up there with a Jem or J-Custom.
Guitar Asylum...the are the only dealer in the US so unless your live near them it would be really hard to try before buy...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.