Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Carvin factory in San Diego the other day, and I played the HF2. This thing was outstanding. The action was the best I have ever touched on any guitar. 20" radius will do that I guess. Haha. The cleans were on another level. I could get a great Metheny tone, and of course Allan's tone. Carvin is amazing, and going to Cali and the Carvin factory was something I always wanted to do before I died. Now I want to buy one. Ibanez is still near and dear to my heart. Anyone else love Carvin?

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
Lots of folks love Carvin - the options alone do it for most. I play my BB75 bass all the time :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
My main player is a Bolt+, and I love it. Only problem is it's 22 frets. If they come out with a 24 fret bolt on I will buy lots, and lots of them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a DC127C, with the active passive electronics. It is basically the identical guitar to Jason Becker's. I now wish to be able to purchase the Holdsworth model.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
They also have great prices at Carvin - excellent bang for your buck! Compare what $1,000 will get you at Carvin with what $1,000 will get you at other big guitar manufacturers - I think Carvin offers outstanding value...with their amps too. I'd love to visit the factory but it's about 2,200 km from here =(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha. I don't get why Allan didn't have them build the guitar headless. That is what he mainly prefers, and he enjoys the trans trem. Haha. Still. The HF2/H2's are amazing guitars. I'd like to play a Benedetto though. Too much money. Carvin's and Ibanez's FTW!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Im in love with this particular carvin, and apparently I just cant get it. I emailed carvin and they have a similar one, but not in green :( It has to look exactly like this or i dont want it...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To tell you all the truth. Eastman's are just as good as Benedetto's. Same design's. For 3 G's, I can get a 7-string arch top. Amazing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im in love with this particular carvin, and apparently I just cant get it. I emailed carvin and they have a similar one, but not in green :( It has to look exactly like this or i dont want it...

That is because Joey Tafolla is the man. Just get a DC model and spec it out any way you want it.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
To tell you all the truth. Eastman's are just as good as Benedetto's. Same design's. For 3 G's, I can get a 7-string arch top. Amazing.
Not for nothing, but this is absolute nonsense. It might be true to say that you can't tell the difference between an Eastman and a Benny, but I certainly can and easily. And there are a lot of archtops available that blow Eastmans away, even at similar price points (like the Japanese D'Angelicos for example). And I've liked the dozen or two Eastmans I've played, but this is silly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not for nothing, but this is absolute nonsense. It might be true to say that you can't tell the difference between an Eastman and a Benny, but I certainly can and easily. And there are a lot of archtops available that blow Eastmans away, even at similar price points (like the Japanese D'Angelicos for example). And I've liked the dozen or two Eastmans I've played, but this is silly.
Could you suggest a new 7 string archtop? I'm actually pretty much broke right now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts