Ibanez JEM Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
If you are broke then the best option is one of the Schecter 7 string archtops. Those aren't too bad at all, and when I last looked at them (maybe a year ago) they were pulling between 500 and 650 on eBay. They're not as good as an Eastman, but they are certainly playable. I don't know when they stopped making them either (though it was fairly recently), but they are out there if you look.

edit: It's called the Jazz-7

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you are broke then the best option is one of the Schecter 7 string archtops. Those aren't too bad at all, and when I last looked at them (maybe a year ago) they were pulling between 500 and 650 on eBay. They're not as good as an Eastman, but they are certainly playable. I don't know when they stopped making them either (though it was fairly recently), but they are out there if you look.

edit: It's called the Jazz-7
Nice. I think Carvin should expand their seven string series to making semi hollow body sevens. And Ghost should come out with a 7 string midi pickup. What do you think of that?

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
The more the merrier :) Personally I'm more interested in archtops than 7's, but more archtop 7's would be great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The more the merrier :) Personally I'm more interested in archtops than 7's, but more archtop 7's would be great.
I love the 20" radius on the Holdsworth. It has great room for big hands. One of the reasons I like 7's, is because I have really long fingers, and it gives me more room. Carvin should also go back to using Kahlers again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only thing you can't get in that green DC127 above is the headstock. They have a pointy one which looks similar, or the standard inline now is more rounded. Radiation green is pretty close to that color too.

Here's an example, but you could change the inlays and get a black headstock if you wanted.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My main player is a Bolt+, and I love it. Only problem is it's 22 frets. If they come out with a 24 fret bolt on I will buy lots, and lots of them.
I wish the Holdsworth was 22 frets and that they'd come out with a 6 string neck thru 25.5" scale like their 7 string , but only 22 frets.

Probably never happen but if it does I'll mail you the extra 2 frets.............

EDIT- I AM a big Carvin fan- use a very resonant Bolt in Koa like a fat Strat with lots of sustain.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts