Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a Legacy Combo but would only be using it for bedroom practice. Would it be too loud. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I agree, definitely get an attenuator. Otherwise a) it will be too loud (it's at gig level on 3!), and b) it just won't sound right because it's designed to sound best when cranked.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Orange Tiny Terror!

Seriously; I usually use a Laney GH50 through a 4x12" (V30's and G12H30's) in my home/studio, but I've found that the TT can easily compete at all levels of domestic and recording use.

With the £ being so low at the minute, you may as well keep your spending on UK products that are less likely to have been hit by fluctuating £/$ rates...

TT combo and an EQ pedal would be a nice bedroom solution :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've come to the point I find 100watt tube amps pointless for home practice. Sold a legacy combo a while ago because even within the 100watters guitar amp spectrum it is a 'loud' 100 watter if that makes any sense ;). Simply couldn't go past 1 at home while this beast only awakens at house-collapsing volume settings hehe. Guess an attenuator can solve some of it, but 1. there are a lot of theories on sound quality when you use attenuators, and 2. for the price of an attenuator, you could get yourself something like (dare I say it) a pod X3. After all these amps that passed here, I got myself a used one and I'm heaving the time of my guitar life, seriously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts