Votes: 3 33.3%
  • VL412 Half Stack

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am in need some of your professional input ....my old Marshall is on it's last leg. I am thinking of getting a Carvin Legacy. If given a choice between the two, which would you pick and why??? Please don't take price into consideration - the half stack is about $ 300 more. Both are 100W.

Thanks;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'd get the half stack. It's not exactly the easiest thing to move around, but you can get a fuller tone with the four speakers instead of the two in the combo. You can also mix and match different cabs it if you want. It's your choice; think it though and consider your likes dislikes then purchase!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fyrie said:
There is always the option of getting the head and 2 2x12 extension cabs. That way you can do 2x12 or 4x12 and it will be much easier to haul around.
Yeah...that is the only reason I was considering the Combo.....ughh...decisions, decisions:roll:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I would go with a head and 2-12, I hate lugging 4-12s. I'm not a huge combo fan either, I like closed back cabs and it's easier to carry a 2-12 Legacy cab and a head. The 2-12 Legacy cabs are pretty light. Of course, I have a Genz Benz G-Flex cab, which is big for a 2-12 and a pain, my rack also weighs a ton, and it doesn't seem like there is much in it. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if my studio wasn't in the basement, ugh.

JJemmer, I see you're in Thorton, I'm just up the road in Erie, shoot me an e-mail sometime and maybe we can hook up.

Roger

·
Registered
397 Posts
BTW, the Combo is in the 80-90 lbs range. I weigh roughly 155, so it's very entertaining for my friends when I carry it. One really nice feature of the Combo though is that you can open the back up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was waiting and contemplating for long time, as I wanted to get the head and cab. But a chance to get a used combo for a fair price came up. I took it and I'm glad I did. These Legacies are SOOO loud. Suppose it depends on your needs, like the sort of gigs you play etc., but even the combo has plenty of volume.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.