Ibanez JEM Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It is a figure of speech. They are in regular use. They don't sit still long enough to collect dust. ;)
Ah, ok big fella, I understand now. Unfortunately I have like ZERO wall space to hang a guitar, plus, I don't even know how to tie a noose... (just kidding). Nah but my walls are decorated with 27" x 40" inch prints, and 24" x 36" prints in my bedroom. No worries, I like the cases better, but you're right, it's much easier to keep a couple out that you are using constantly, and I imagine that when you want a new one out, you temporarily switch out a wall unit and stash it in it's case. Makes sense. Rock on!!!

Registered
It all depends, I guess. Whether you're a gigging musician or bedroom focused, how much gear you actually have, what's the climate like where you live/in your house, it'll all dictate needs/preferences.

At home, I tend to have all my stuff out; if it's in a case, it tends not to get played! I also don't have a massive collection, so it doesn't suck up significant space.

Registered
All of my guitars (I have six) are Prestiges and they all have cases. I even have a spare case that needs repairing. I only play one at a time though and switch to another every 6-8 weeks when it is time for restringing anyway. I store them all in their cases to stop them getting dusty. I only use a stand at band practice when switching to my bass or when I am recording.

Registered
Like most of the responses, I have mine out so it鈥檚 just grab and play. My cases are in a closet that鈥檚 a pain at times to get to. If they were in them I鈥檇 probably never play them. The Chrome Boy case is actually in the original card board box. I know it sounds crazy but the damn case it鈥檚 self is really nice. Don鈥檛 want to ruin it.

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts